Flash Forward

ABC halts 'FlashForward'

Production stopped to 'boost writing'

By STUART LEVINE

Stoppage came last week and continues through the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Shooting will start again on Monday with episode 13.
An Alphabet spokesman says the move was built in to the schedule from the beginning of the season and was positioned early on to "boost the writing. … They want to maintain the high quality of the show, and this gives the writers the opportunity to do so."
Source & More: variety.com

Hmm, I still like it, but it needs some more "wow factor" when it comes back. Need somthing to grab ahold of me again.

I am reading the original novel by Robert Sawyer. It is very good; although different. For one, the flashforwards bring people not six months, but 22 years into the future. And they explain the initial source (although not the WHY) of the flash, from the very beginning.

It will be interesting to see what parallels there are as the story on tv progresses.

I am reading the original novel by Robert Sawyer. It is very good; although different. For one, the flashforwards bring people not six months, but 22 years into the future. And they explain the initial source (although not the WHY) of the flash, from the very beginning.

It will be interesting to see what parallels there are as the story on tv progresses.

I read the book around the start of the series, and it confused the heck out of me, especially as they have introduced parallel plotlines and characters, even if they seem to be in different situations.

I've enjoyed the show so far, and hope they have a chance to at least wrap up a first-round story before it gets canned.

While I'm not in any way comparing it to the quality of a show like Lost, there are some lines to be drawn here. At times Lost has meandered a bit with its storytelling and failed to answer questions at key points. I think Flashforward has reached one of these points: They need to start moving the plot forward and answering some questions, or they'll lose even their hardcore fans.

'Flash Forward' sets winter hiatus

Series to return with new episodes March 4
By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER
ABC will flash forward longer than expected, as "Flash Forward" takes a three-month hiatus this winter
Alphabet announced, via promos Thursday night, that "Flash Forward" won't be back until March 4.
Source & More: variety.com

I'm not sure how that's going to work out... returning on March 4, with one hour per week, the show will extend into mid-June. I guess we are going to get some double episodes.

I'm not sure how that's going to work out... returning on March 4, with one hour per week, the show will extend into mid-June. I guess we are going to get some double episodes.
Either way thats BS. Lets hope it still shows in the UK like it did last week.

I am guessing a hiatus to March means the end of this show. Sure fire way to kill it.

And I would seriously doubt it would extend into June. If it survives the ratings, ABC would most likely just hold the remaining episodes until the Fall. They have done it before.

Anyways, I just finished the previous episode (which I actually thought was pretty good), still have to see this weeks.

Yes another Sci-Fi show killed by a network. When has taking a show off the air for 3 months helped it gain in ratings? They took off V too till the spring. Why even bother anymore with network sci-fi?

Yes another Sci-Fi show killed by a network. When has taking a show off the air for 3 months helped it gain in ratings? They took off V too till the spring. Why even bother anymore with network sci-fi?

yup. :( V was getting good too -- although anything with Elizabeth Mitchell in it makes me happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)