Fortec Mercury Coming Soon

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mercury II has component outputs that should improve pic quality. Wonder if its 480p.

Only added features that would be cool is multi screen. 6000 channel and 150 sats capacity is no use in NA.

Don't know what you can use the CAM for in the last receiver. Looks more like a europe thing

Scott Greczkowski said:
I should be meeting with Fortec tommorow and hope to have photos to show as well. :D

Scott,

A few things to pass to them if you get the chance:

1) 4:2:2 and HDTV capabilities....when?

2)RGB/VGA connections? In the future?

3) Provide details online detailing changes/fixes to their firmware when/if it is released?

4)UHF remotes??? (Hell...better remotes period)

Thanks!!

One of the nice new features in the Mercury is the one button Blind Search function. Basically you push one button on the remote and the receiver will do a blind scan on the current satellite. It is a convenience button that saves a few steps in performing a blind search.

With the same chip as the Buzz (180MHz) I'm interested in the possibility of swift and accurate Blind Scan capabilities most of all. Looking forward to reading a review. As for remotes, the Lifetime Classic NA has the best working remote of all the boxes I've tested.

PipeDream said:
As for remotes, the Lifetime Classic NA has the best working remote of all the boxes I've tested.

Really?

You don't find it slow at times?
Or having to have a perfect line of sight to the receiver?

I find that it looks a little cheap IMO.

Of course, its my only box and I don't have another to compare it to.
In reference to other components, its has a slow response.

A UHF remote would get rid of the "line of sight" issue and would be great to change sats for those who are using the loop out coax for another receiver.

IMO, Fortec, Pansat and other companies mainly focuse on something that can be sold in high quantiy. QPSK 4:2:0 SD is their goal.
Remember none of the sat services use 4:2:2 for their paid services. Kind of same thing for HD as well. You can't use FTA receiver to sub to DishNet.
The bottom line is these features for the hobbiests, a small group of buyers.
The suggestion came up almost 2 years ago. And as of today, nothing from Fortec.
Couple of manufactures already have Qpsk 8psk DVB-S2 products on European market. They are consumer product, cost approximately $700. I don't hold my breath for something affordable at $300.
Dealing with small group is tough...they have to mark up the price for their profit (hopefullly).
If I need a 4:2:2 receiver, I would buy one from Europe or QualiTV receiver instead of waiting for Fortec or Pansat make them....that seems to me they are not interested in.
FtaRock

scottc98 said:
Scott,

A few things to pass to them if you get the chance:

1) 4:2:2 and HDTV capabilities....when?

2)RGB/VGA connections? In the future?

3) Provide details online detailing changes/fixes to their firmware when/if it is released?

4)UHF remotes??? (Hell...better remotes period)

Thanks!!

scottc98 said:
Really?

You don't find it slow at times?
Or having to have a perfect line of sight to the receiver?

I find that it looks a little cheap IMO.

Of course, its my only box and I don't have another to compare it to.
In reference to other components, its has a slow response.

A UHF remote would get rid of the "line of sight" issue and would be great to change sats for those who are using the loop out coax for another receiver.
I didn't mean it works as good as a UHF one, and it's not "Universal." But mine works as good as any regular TV remote. The Lifetime, Ultra, Pansat2500 , Buzz , and CW600S remote doesn't work as good as my Classic NA remote.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)