Fortec Star Mercury II issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
I just setup my HH motor got it working great then today when I power up my receiver its acting odd. The color output is only B&W and most of the channels are gone and the ones that are on there I don't recognize. Recognize the issue?

Occasionally have observed the Fortec Star Mercury II to reset to a European factory installed preset.

Fix: Perform a factory reset and start the programming process over...... :(

If that does not bring the unit back to normal North American settings, let us know and I will look up the Master Reset Codes at our shop.

Occasionally have observed the Fortec Star Mercury II to reset to a European factory installed preset.

Fix: Perform a factory reset and start the programming process over...... :(

If that does not bring the unit back to normal North American settings, let us know and I will look up the Master Reset Codes at our shop.

Figures after I have every satellite FTA programmed and my dish motor finally aimed correctly.

BTW I've noticed you don't sell HD receivers on your site. Plan to in the near future? :)

Expect HD units on our site very soon.

Over the past year and a half, we have had several false starts (including one that went as far as a final factory build) on HD projects to include 422 profile. Nearly many manufacturers later...... Once it was determined that we wouldn't be able to build a 422p capable STB model at a reasonable cost to meet out distribution requirements, we chose a different design and are now are in final approvals. Currently the MPEG2/4, SD/HD STB is in UL certification and FCC verification.

Expect a radical design and a great price on a quality GEOSATpro product with a great USA development and support team. Customers and SatelliteGuys members know that the GEOSATpro team provides excellent firmware development with features for North American hobbyists with regular releases and firmware updates. Expect the same with this new model, the GEOSATpro Micro HD!

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me at all if I were to pick one up when available. Your support is worth a lot.
:)

Over the past year and a half, we have had several false starts (including one that went as far as a final factory build) on HD projects to include 422 profile. Nearly many manufacturers later...... Once it was determined that we wouldn't be able to build a 422p capable STB model at a reasonable cost to meet out distribution requirements, we chose a different design and are now are in final approvals. Currently the MPEG2/4, SD/HD STB is in UL certification and FCC verification.

Expect a radical design and a great price on a quality GEOSATpro product with a great USA development and support team. Customers and SatelliteGuys members know that the GEOSATpro team provides excellent firmware development with features for North American hobbyists with regular releases and firmware updates. Expect the same with this new model, the GEOSATpro Micro HD!

Put me on the pre-order list. ;)

Reprogrammed all satellite channels this time I saved it I hope the restore works if it does it again.

Reprogrammed all satellite channels this time I saved it I hope the restore works if it does it again.
You didn't save 'em before?
I was about to ask... :(

Brian, what are those factory master codes?
Some of us still have Mercury II's. :)

You didn't save 'em before?
I was about to ask... :(

Brian, what are those factory master codes?
Some of us still have Mercury II's. :)

Nope I forgot I was suppose to. lol. I remembered after they disappeared. ;)

Sometimes my Merc 2 will go to b/w and the only way to get back color is to shut off power for an hour or so. Factory resets and power switch cycles don't seem to help. At first I thought it was my TV but Pansat 2700 will work fine. I have lost channels in the past but have had no problems lately.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)