Fortec Star Mercury II

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
I can't figure out how to scan for TP's I have read the instructions over and over but when I do it. It never finds anything. Power Scan finds stuff but when I search between for example 12179 V 30000 on AMC 3.

I press Menu, TP Scan, I enter 12179 Frequency. Polarity to V, and Symbolrate to 30000 and I press on Store. Then I press the Yellow button to scan FTA. And it goes the screen where its gonna scan but just says do I wanna save. And that is it. Are the PBS channels FTA? Even if I press the Green button it just goes to the Do I wanna save screen.

I am using C band.

Also, What exactly do these numbers mean. 12179 V 30000 How many different channels can even be put on a transponder? I've read thru some of the FAQ's but haven't seen info on this.

Thanks. :)

Also, What exactly do these numbers mean. 12179 V 30000 How many different channels can even be put on a transponder? I've read thru some of the FAQ's but haven't seen info on this.

Thanks. :)

12179 is the transponder frequency (this is a 5-digit frequency, therefore it is a Ku transponder. 4-digit would be C-Band). V is Vertical polarity, 30000 is the symbol rate. In the analog world, one transponder equaled one channel. In the digital world, the number of channels on a transponder can vary greatly. The transponder still has a fixed bandwidth, as with analog, so every added channel forces the other channels to be more digitally compressed (have a lower bitrate, and therefore a lower picture quality).

If pointed at AMC 3, then yes. If non-motored, you may have to adjust your skew and move the lnb around a bit. TiP and Patient channels seem to be the strongest (11716)....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts