Fortec Star Mercury II

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
I can't figure out how to scan for TP's I have read the instructions over and over but when I do it. It never finds anything. Power Scan finds stuff but when I search between for example 12179 V 30000 on AMC 3.

I press Menu, TP Scan, I enter 12179 Frequency. Polarity to V, and Symbolrate to 30000 and I press on Store. Then I press the Yellow button to scan FTA. And it goes the screen where its gonna scan but just says do I wanna save. And that is it. Are the PBS channels FTA? Even if I press the Green button it just goes to the Do I wanna save screen.

I am using C band.

Also, What exactly do these numbers mean. 12179 V 30000 How many different channels can even be put on a transponder? I've read thru some of the FAQ's but haven't seen info on this.

Thanks. :)

Also, What exactly do these numbers mean. 12179 V 30000 How many different channels can even be put on a transponder? I've read thru some of the FAQ's but haven't seen info on this.

Thanks. :)

12179 is the transponder frequency (this is a 5-digit frequency, therefore it is a Ku transponder. 4-digit would be C-Band). V is Vertical polarity, 30000 is the symbol rate. In the analog world, one transponder equaled one channel. In the digital world, the number of channels on a transponder can vary greatly. The transponder still has a fixed bandwidth, as with analog, so every added channel forces the other channels to be more digitally compressed (have a lower bitrate, and therefore a lower picture quality).

If pointed at AMC 3, then yes. If non-motored, you may have to adjust your skew and move the lnb around a bit. TiP and Patient channels seem to be the strongest (11716)....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts