Found A Solution For the Dreaded "Thread Virus"...

Ummm...Jamey K...don't know if you were referring to me or not...

I am, however, a red-head...(hot tempers, you know)...but I'm originally from Oklahoma, not Texas.

Now, I have noticed a lady from Texas who has posted recently, but don't think she's posted in this thread...so, I could be wrong, as I've just been "scanning" of late.

In any event, as far as the rest of your post...BINGO!!!! "Alleged" demise, Dolan and board, beaming a signal or not...just what most have been saying all along...including this hot-headed red-head! Nothing has changed...:) Vicki :)

Jamey K said:
The "alleged" demise. Despite all the thousands of words pro and con...there has been no demise of Voom.
The signals have not stopped yet. When I wrote those words on January 29th the demise was just beginning. The final turn off of signal has been delayed a few times. But there is no proof that the signals will be there after March 31st.

After watching the last couple of hours of CSPAN and CNN I can't help thinking of Terri Schiavo's life being extended over and over again after several rulings that would have led to her death. In 2001 and 2003 they 'pulled the plug' and stopped feeding her, then each time there was a reprieve -- 2001 by the courts and 2003 by the Florida legislature. Now the US Congress and President Bush have acted (the US Supreme Court refused to intervene last year). Perhaps her 'life support' (feeding) will be restored again. But it will not 'cure' Terri, it will just prolong her life unchanged.

What C & T Dolan have been doing for Voom started last September. They have tried to pump life into the dying system since it's inception. Stopping the expected spinoff last year was the first death ruling. The sale of Rainbow1 in January was the next death ruling. The failure to come to terms with 'Voom HD LLC' (C & T Dolan) before February 28th was the next death ruling. Everything else has just been an extension - the current extension expires in 10 days, 49 days after C & T Dolan signed the letter of intent and 70 days after the definitive agreement with Echostar in regards to Rainbow1. Demise is not past tense - it is in progress and so far no one has permantly called off the 'demise' of Voom.

Obviously the life and death of Terri is more important than the life and death of a satellite provider. But both issues are heavy on our minds, hopefully the former is heavier than the latter.

JL

justalurker said:
The signals have not stopped yet. When I wrote those words on January 29th the demise was just beginning. The final turn off of signal has been delayed a few times. But there is no proof that the signals will be there after March 31st.

After watching the last couple of hours of CSPAN and CNN I can't help thinking of Terri Schiavo's life being extended over and over again after several rulings that would have led to her death. In 2001 and 2003 they 'pulled the plug' and stopped feeding her, then each time there was a reprieve -- 2001 by the courts and 2003 by the Florida legislature. Now the US Congress and President Bush have acted (the US Supreme Court refused to intervene last year). Perhaps her 'life support' (feeding) will be restored again. But it will not 'cure' Terri, it will just prolong her life unchanged.

What C & T Dolan have been doing for Voom started last September. They have tried to pump life into the dying system since it's inception. Stopping the expected spinoff last year was the first death ruling. The sale of Rainbow1 in January was the next death ruling. The failure to come to terms with 'Voom HD LLC' (C & T Dolan) before February 28th was the next death ruling. Everything else has just been an extension - the current extension expires in 10 days, 49 days after C & T Dolan signed the letter of intent and 70 days after the definitive agreement with Echostar in regards to Rainbow1. Demise is not past tense - it is in progress and so far no one has permantly called off the 'demise' of Voom.

Obviously the life and death of Terri is more important than the life and death of a satellite provider. But both issues are heavy on our minds, hopefully the former is heavier than the latter.

JL

JL You have finally done it! You have gone over the edge. How a sane person could equate Terri Schiavo with Voom is way beyond me. :confused:

Obviously the life of Voom is more important to you since you constantly rant and rave about it. Show me anywhere that you have displayed the same passion over the Terri Schiavo issues. :mad:

dlm10541 said:
JL You have finally done it! You have gone over the edge. How a sane person could equate Terri Schiavo with Voom is way beyond me. :confused:

Obviously the life of Voom is more important to you since you constantly rant and rave about it. Show me anywhere that you have displayed the same passion over the Terri Schiavo issues. :mad:

Why waste your time reading ITS posts?:rolleyes:

Here we go

Now we are going to talk about Terry, in the VOOM Forum. Give me a break.

justalurker said:

JL

Oh my God. You have refined tasteless. Lurker, I enjoy your posts whether I agree or not but....this is too much. Terri Schiavo is like Voom ? That is so wrong, I can't even begin to count the ways it's wrong.

You folks need to shut off your televisions and computers and take a long walk.

This forum has degenerated into a cacophony of self-important know-nothing know-it-alls growling at each other like feral cats fighting over a maggoty mouse carcass. If you’re feeling intense, stomach-plummeting concern regarding Voom, maybe it’s time to just stop and consider the lilies of the goddamn field.

People here have a reading problem.

Get irate if you want, but READ what I wrote and stop shooting from the hip.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)