FOX Dispute?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I will ... jump off the nearest Fairfax County water tower when it gets to 5.
And what will you shout when you jump? "Geronimo!" :biggrin2

They are large and elevated but for all I know some are invisible. ...
Just like Wonder Woman's jet!
... It was meant as a joke on me but I am glad you did not take it as one on you. I still say that one day we have to have a Satelliteguys DC party
Just in time for Crisis on Infinite Earths. (Yeah, I know that is not the DC you were talking about, but I couldn't resist making the reference.)

If Dish and Directv where smart, they would provide an OTA antenna with every install and just charge for the stations that the customer can’t pull in

Then in a dispute when a channel was dropped it wouldn’t effect a lot of people or nobody at all.
That is an interesting idea. I have for a long time thought that Dish should switch to regional pricing for the locals, since Dish's cost to carry the local package must vary widely from market to market, and the price they charge subscribers should reflect that. That way, we are only paying for channels that we are actually receiving, instead of having the price averaged out for everyone across the entire country. Your suggestion would be even more granular than that, with the price of the locals varying for each individual subscriber. With the locals already broken out as a separate line item on the bill (for most packages) and with a possible need to switch to regional pricing anyway due to the FSN dispute, this would be the perfect time to start changing the price of the locals package for each market (if not each subscriber) to reflect the actual costs involved to carry the locals in each market. Dish could still advertise a certain minimum baseline price for each programming package (and/or for the locals add-on pack) and then the more expensive markets would see a surcharge on the bill.

In that case, and assuming Locast won't work for you, then it's a good thing Dish is not doing away with the locals completely. But it's also good they're willing to fight keep the cost down... If you need a temporary filler during a dispute outage, one of the streaming options might work. Even the usual free trials might be long enough...
I've got three more months with Dish and if things aren't worked out by then I'm thinking of going to YTTV.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I have a Dish installed OTA antenna and Dish has blocked Fox OTA
Dish can't "block" an OTA feed of course. They could drop the listings from the EPG I suppose, but WXXA Fox 23 has been off Dish in the Albany, NY DMA for I think a couple of months now, and the OTA listings are still there and working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)