• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
OK in the Dish Network forums there is always something about fox news and CNN etc. I'm hoping this pole can calm some people down (deleted my opinion).

Last edited:
For real news that I know is not spun like crazy to protect the Republican party and their wonderful "leader", I pick Msnbc , Cnn, Abc or any other station but Fox news. When I want to hear the official Republican Talking points and get a good laugh I watch Fox.

I kind of like O'Riely for the most balanced of the Republican talking heads. I actually listen to him on the talk radio during the day when I am at work. Hate Sean Hannity- " Insane in the membrane", Rush Limbaugh -"crack head". But I do like to hear both sides and when I am really in doubt of the accuracy of the news channels I read the newspapers and Time Magazine every week hits my door step.

The print news and magazines give me an over all perspective that is lacking from the televison news. They all seem to go for soundbites and flash to make it sound like the end of the world.

voomvoom said:
I can't vote. You forgot to put "none of the above". Personally I like the American Free Press. Al

Unfortunately there is no such thing; everyone has an agenda. There is almost no such thing as real news anymore; you just have to have enough common sense to pull out the tiny shards of truth that ANY of them speak. This applies to all papers, websites, network news, CNN, MSNBC, or FOX; no one is any better or worse than the other. They are barely any more reliable than hearsay from your buddies or off the street. No one takes the time to do any real research for facts because they want to have the scoop. Readers put too much faith in what they read and hear because they really think the reporters do.

I come from generations of Democrats. My granddad, uncle, and dad were all huge democrats and big in the Union. My grand dad and Dad retired from Gulf States Steel and uncle from Goodyear. Being a democrat has always been a way of life for me. I do have Republican friends and think its ridiculous to judge someone by what party they belong to. My dad always told me not to dislike someone just because they have different views, its what makes America the country it is. Being a democrat is the major reason I would rather watch CNN or MSNBC. It just goes along with my view on things

MSNBC doesn't seem to be very biased to me, they've got a lot of connections and good camera angles, plus the absolute best looking female anchors between the 3...hands down...

I think the choice OTHER covers that

voomvoom said:
I can't vote. You forgot to put "none of the above". Personally I like the American Free Press.
Al
That is what I selected

charper1 said:
There is almost no such thing as real news anymore
And that's why my wife and I watch "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" and "The Cobert Report". It's not the real news, and doesn't pretend to be.:D

i don't want to comment on either of the three channels in the poll, but from looking at the poll, just wondering how bad CNN has gotten.

korsjs said:
i don't want to comment on either of the three channels in the poll, but from looking at the poll, just wondering how bad CNN has gotten.

Not as bad as this poll would indicate. Nationally, the ratings put it closer to half, or a little more than half of FNC's numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)