Fox Sports 1 lands deals with DirecTV, Dish and Time Warner Cable

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't see why this is news. We already have this channel. It is just changing names.

Because originally having Speed wasn't enough to mean you would get FS1. All the news was that it required a new contract between Fox and the providers and both Dish and Directv were holdouts until yesterday.

All the news was that it required a new contract between Fox and the providers and both Dish and Directv were holdouts until yesterday.

If the bloomberg story is correct, I'm glad that FOX Cable Networks agreed to honor the terms cableops had with FCN regarding the carriage of SPEED as I believe FCN's word should be their bond to those operators who are contracted for SPEED to some date beyond August 17th.

If FCN wanted to get a higher carriage fee at launch, they should not just rename SPEED as FS1 but rather launch FS1 as a brand new channel and not re-negotiate SPEED when the cableops contracts came up for renewal.

Sure, FCN will have to see lower revenue for the life of the deal of SPEED contracts with the various providers, but they will have a opportunity at some point to have to re-negotiate the FS1 contract and can get higher carriage fees then.

I thought if you don't live in a Big Ten state, you would have to add the Regional sports pack tht inludes the Big Ten, not sure though.

Nope, the Big Ten network is national.

I thought that was the way it was now, guess not.

If you live in a Big 10 state you get the Big 10 network. If you do not you can get it by subscribing to the multi sports package option.

If you live in a Big 10 state you get the Big 10 network. If you do not you can get it by subscribing to the multi sports package option.

Not true. I'm in CT, don't subscribe to the sport package, and I get the Big Ten. It's a national channel.

That is the way Dish does it but I think everyone gets it on Directv. I get BTN but not PAC12 Network on Dish. If you lived in Oregon you would get PAC12 but not BTN. If you get Dish Multisport you get both everywhere.

Ah, Nebugeater may be a Dish sub. I assumed he was with Directv since this is a Directv thread.

will Fox Sports 2 stay at where it at now or will it move up to next Fox Sports 1?

Damn can I just get my Longhorn Network already. I'm tired of missing out on football volleyball and basketball games that I always used to get elsewhere. I'll take it ala carte even.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)