FREE 10' mesh SAMI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
After looking at the last pictures you posted I sure hope your being careful because I could see how having the pole cut more than half for this project could turn really ugly.. real fast. Once you start cutting the vines, that hose is not going to hold the weight of the dish because being top heavy its going to start leaning and will break the remaining metal... by cutting the pole more than half way you've created yourself a danger to you and anyone helping you.
And having the 120 volt power line makes matters worse...you need to disable that circuit at the breaker box before the dish falls and takes it down, you don't want the circuit to short out.
In my opinion the only safe thing to do is to remove the feedhorn unit, unbolt the dish from the mount and let the pipe and mount drop to the ground. Take some c-clamps and rope and secure the dish from coming down, then cut the other vines dropping the dish, lot easier to handle dish by itself.

Sergei I think you got the same mental picture that I did by looking at those photos. From the very start those vines should have been removed before sawing the pole nearly off. Having not done so and cutting the pole only spells disaster. I whole heartedly agree with all of which you put in your post. Especially: “Take some c-clamps and rope and secure the dish from coming down, then cut the other vines dropping the dish, lot easier to handle dish by itself.”

Olliec I sure hope you have some friends with you in doing this.

Tom

Yeah I have some friends helping for sure, however i had no idea that those vines were going to hold that thing up. Weather permitting Im going to get back on it this weekend with some friends and see if we can get it down safely. Will keep yall posted. Im going to try to get in the house to cut the power on that 120 line.

After a couple months, i got it. Not only that i moved in to the new house :) my first to be exact so extra :D Now I have looked around and the ground is wetland so it will be very difficult to get this thing mounted and over the 3 story house roof. what options do i have? how many of you have built mounts on pallets or something of the like that can sit on the ground? any one have any pictures, i want to get this baby working bad, i want 4DTV!!!!! :)

thanks, oliver

hehe actually it faces south east, but i need to know how to build a mount

see pictures on first page of thread to see how im trying to have to mount this

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)