4dtv setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
SWMBO wanted the 4dtv put in the living room (up from the basement) because she was still skeptical about dumping E* for c-band.
I fed the wires up through the wall yesterday and hooked it all up. Now we can switch back n forth between E* and c-band on the A/V receiver.
even she was impressed with how much better the picture quality is for c-band.
Kids are pleased as punch too because noggin doesn't "quit" at 6pm to switch to "the N".
I just wish I had an updated A/V setup now. I've got an older kenwood that "only" has 3 video inputs, but now I have 5 video in until we get rid of E*. Even then, I'll have 4 video devices but only 3 inputs, but since Ive put enough in getting the c-band back in service I don't think I can afford the cost with SWMBO for a new receiver (yet)

on, and I FINALLY understand the difference between H and V polarities, (was at a friends house last night, physics prof, now I get it)

paul...

How many A/V inputs are there on the TV?
If you have more the 1, you could use the TVs other inputs for the lesser used equip, that's what I do.

SWMBO wanted the 4dtv put in the living room (up from the basement) because she was still skeptical about dumping E* for c-band.
I fed the wires up through the wall yesterday and hooked it all up. Now we can switch back n forth between E* and c-band on the A/V receiver.
even she was impressed with how much better the picture quality is for c-band.
Kids are pleased as punch too because noggin doesn't "quit" at 6pm to switch to "the N".
I just wish I had an updated A/V setup now. I've got an older kenwood that "only" has 3 video inputs, but now I have 5 video in until we get rid of E*. Even then, I'll have 4 video devices but only 3 inputs, but since Ive put enough in getting the c-band back in service I don't think I can afford the cost with SWMBO for a new receiver (yet)

on, and I FINALLY understand the difference between H and V polarities, (was at a friends house last night, physics prof, now I get it)

paul...

There are quite a few A/V video switchers you can use that are cheap. You don't have to get a new A/V receiver to use multiple inputs. I have 8 sources going to my TV and don't use my Yamaha for switching. I use the 3 on my tv with 2 passive switchers which work great.

Yes the picture quality of c band will beat the pie plates hands down. Give Charlie the boot and when your canceling tell Dish you had enough of there poor excuse for satellite and tell them your going back to C band, I know they'll love that. :D Glad to have you back in the C band family.

I would like to go for a new receiver.. this one is kinda junky. remote doesn't work at all anymore (on the receiver side, not the remote side) but I got it for like $50
I'm feeding the stuff through the VCR right now.. it has 2 inputs.. the pansat is hooked up with coax to the ant-in, DVD goes through front line inputs.. so it all works, just not very convenient.. and I have to get the convenience factor up to make SWMBO happy (no, more remotes won't work on her ;-)

I'd love to get an amp/receiver to match the speakers, (NHT superzeroes) but we'll see what santa brings ;-)

You can get one of those auto sensing video switchers at Crookmart.
They are back in electronics near the tv's. I think they are around 20.00 or so.
you connect all your video audio cables into it, when you turn on the desired a/v device it senses the voltage from the video (either composite/s-video/componet) input.

Just keep each device you are not wanting to view turned off or standby mode.
it provides seemless transition between componets.

thanks..
all in all, SWMBO is ready to call the pizza man and cancel service.. kids are watching noggin.. AWESOME picture.. not that it matters on noggin for the kids tho I guess.
now, I'll have to figure out what to do with that pizza pan stuck on the roof of the garage ;-)

Well you can use it for NASA, Angel One, and a couple preview channles. Fair amount of us have a small dish or DBS LNB for NASA

by the way....maybe I be slow but what the heck does "SWMBO" means in your posts?

thanks..
all in all, SWMBO is ready to call the pizza man and cancel service..
Excellent :)

now, I'll have to figure out what to do with that pizza pan stuck on the roof of the garage ;-)

Take it down, use the reflector to cook some pizza on in the oven and enjoy the pizza why watching the 4DTV :D

hey now! you guys trying to get me in trouble? SHHHHHH here she comes!

uhhh.. the declination of the polar axis....

whew! she's gone. ;-)

Excellent :)

Take it down, use the reflector to cook some pizza on in the oven and enjoy the pizza why watching the 4DTV :D

NO WAY.. Deep Dishnetwork Pizza? that's gross! I've got a pizza oven for that.

Attachments

• pizza-oven.jpg
    pizza-oven.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 159
OH YEA! pizza is awesome out of that oven (when I get off my lazy $$$ and make it) bread too.
come on up to MI and we'll have a Satguys pizza party! ( I brew my own beer too)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts