Free DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
jporter12 said:
Has anyone tried to use the DVR4ME code more than once? I wouldn't mind having a second DVR at that price!
Won't let you. Will get as far as putting credit card number in and then tell you have already taken advantage of the promo and can't for another 360 days. :)

I was one of the lucky ones to get the Tivo refurb in the mail and an R15 upon installation. 2 DVR's for $16 and no furthur commitment is awesome. :D

kryten98371 said:
I activated my "free" DVR a couple of weeks ago. I just check my account today and is still has "No annual commitment", yet I received a postcard from DirecTV saying that I'm now under a 2 year commitment. What gives? Is this just a standard postcard sent to everyone that gets a DVR? I'm keeping an eye on my account, just in case they try to stick me with a commitment.
Be sure that your account says that by calling in and asking. My account online shown both "No annual commitment" and "Annual Commitment" before my actual install.

My account now also shows the same! On a similar issue, do you guys think these refurbs will be worth anything later on? I'm thinking about getting a second one and maybe selling it after a couple of months... :D

UPDATE: Never mind, I just read the post above that I can't order more than one...
Tonedeaf said:
Be sure that your account says that by calling in and asking. My account online shown both "No annual commitment" and "Annual Commitment" before my actual install.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Great site, my question is will the installer bring my tivo box or will they send it via Fed-Ex like the D* site kind of says?

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

Tonedeaf said:
Won't let you. Will get as far as putting credit card number in and then tell you have already taken advantage of the promo and can't for another 360 days. :)

I was one of the lucky ones to get the Tivo refurb in the mail and an R15 upon installation. 2 DVR's for $16 and no furthur commitment is awesome. :D

Damn it! LOL I guess I'm just jealous! I was hoping I could get another for next to nothing! I'm thinking about getting another anyway, maybe I can find a used one for cheap! I know it really won't matter much (since they're pretty much the same internally anyway), but I would like to keep the model the same, so another Philips DSR7000 would fit me well.

Thanks again for all the info I've gotten from this site! I hope I can one day contribute and help someone else!

Tonedeaf said:
The DirecTV website confirms this in my programming package on the left of the screen. Also, when I go into change my programming it no longer has a box at the bottom that says 2 year commitment.

Thank you DirecTV!!! :D
Well, checked DirecTV site yesterday to pay my bill and the 2 year commitment showed back up. A quick call to retention and they are removing it once again based on the DVR4ME promotion. The rep said it will take 3 to 5 days for it to show as removed on the site. The last time it showed immediately removed.

I guess it's over. One of my friends tried to get one a couple days ago, and the code didn't work at all. I'm just glad I got in on it when I did!

My officemate ordered his and the box has yet to show up and even his install date passed without a word from D.

hey guys...
i have a couple of quick questions i was thinking about buying one directv dvr 10-250 model. First, how hard is it to install? i called a couple of directv dealers and they said they could send a installer for 45-50 dollars i think? Secondly, would i have to swap my directv access card with the dvr model once activied? Thanks.

Apparently you have a dish and some sort of D* receiver now. If the dish is a Phase III (three LNBs) then you just need two cables from the dish. If it is not a Phase III you will need a new dish.

You would not swap the access card.

haha over the weekend I got a postcard from DTV talking about the new 2 year commitment for the Free DVR. So looking forward to talking to a CSR about this one.

scrotus said:
haha over the weekend I got a postcard from DTV talking about the new 2 year commitment for the Free DVR. So looking forward to talking to a CSR about this one.

There was no commitment requirement for my free TiVo.

Scott Corbett said:
There was no commitment requirement for my free TiVo.

Yeah I know. I even read the T&Cs and read them off to the CSR at the time of order. It's just a pain in the ass to have to call them.

After a month or less with the dvr I got using the DVR4ME deal it dies this past saturday. It was an old refurbed Philips 7000. I just got the replacement and its a new 70 hour R10. Not perfect but sure is better than what I had initially gotten!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)