Free - funky ViP 211?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
I had to get a replacement for my 211. Dish sent me a 211K. Since the old receiver is larger it won't fit the 211K box for return so that prompted me to call TS. I was told that the 211 is obsolete and they don't want it back. That would also explain why the box did not have a 2-way label. I presume this is correct so does anyone here want my old receiver for any reason? Free of course and I'll even cover the shipping. (I still have the original box somewhere with proper padding.)

Chances are that this receiver is marked as leased and obsolete so we would not be able to activate it on any other account
Does DISH'S right hand know what it's left hand is doing? I just received a 211K Tues as a replacement for an owned 211K. It came from CO. with a return shipping label.

Correct...the K variant is not obsolete...and I realize my 211 can't be reactivated...maybe somebody wants it for parts or something beyond my comprehension...

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)