Free Game Codes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got a few more extra codes today. Now I have either an Origin or Steam code for the following games.

Mirrors Edge
Crysis 2
Fez
Peggle Deluxe
Bejeweled 3
Bookworm Deluxe
Escape Rosecliff Island
Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition
Peggle Nights
Zumma's Revenge
Reus
Limbo
Spec Ops: The Line
Shank 2
Bit.Trip Runner 2

Peggle Deluxe, Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe, Escape Rosecliff Island, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe have been taken. The rest are still available.

Wow.. I was working on getting my list together until I realized just how massive it is. It's honestly embarrassing how many I have. I'm actually going to contact Humble and see if they can just send me a list from their end because honestly it would take me between 30 and 60 minutes to get all these keys out..

Wow.. I was working on getting my list together until I realized just how massive it is. It's honestly embarrassing how many I have. I'm actually going to contact Humble and see if they can just send me a list from their end because honestly it would take me between 30 and 60 minutes to get all these keys out..

I would just post a list of some of the game titles. That way you don't have to dig out the actual codes unless someone asks for one. We could get Scherman stocked up if he ever figures out how to get his PC online.

I can get my PC online just have to have an ethernet cable laying on the steps to the basement. LOL

So all I need is one of these game codes and I can download the game for free?

Yep, for whatever reason some of us end up with download keys to games we already own. It usually happens because of Humble Bundles. When these humble bundles come out every week you can pay whatever you want for the bundle of games they have listed. Some of the money goes to charity and some goes to the developers and you get to decide how much goes to each.

When this happens you might get 7 or 8 games for like $6. If you have a big library of PC games there is a chance you will already own some of the games in the bundle but it's still too good of a deal to pass up. When you have extra codes for a game you already own or just don't want you can give them to other people to redeem.

Most of the codes are for Steam but some are for Origin. To redeem a code in steam you just click add a game->activate a product on Steam-> and then copy and paste the code in. This is the same way you get games when you buy them from Amazon, Gamestop, Gamefly, and Green Man Gaming too. Just about every discount PC game retailer is really just selling Steam codes.

They have recently changed the process a little bit. You have to make an account on humblebundle.com and then link your Steam account to it. Once that is done you just click redeem on steam from the humble bundle website and the game will be waiting in your Steam library next time you check.

Yeah but the bundles have been known to have repeat games, so before you buy anything, ask us if we have the games already and we can see if we can hook you up.

It's a bit of a vicious cycle. You start buying these bundles because you think "Oh, these games are so cheap and I'll get to them eventually" but then after a while you have dozens upon dozens of games that you don't have anything resembling enough time to play. Sure it goes towards charity and such, but before you know it you'll just have tons of keys with just sitting there. It's like being a hoarder but you have a million square foot house so you don't have to deal with the hygiene/structural issues.

If you want a FPS to sink your teeth into, Battlefield 3 is free on Origin now. You need to act quickly though because the sale for it ends on June 3.
https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/battlefield-3/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

I know how you feel. I want to play so many games but don't have the time or the energy sometimes. I have so many games and gaming system already that just sit there. I still have Borderlands sitting at home from Gamefly which I've had for close to 3 months. I might as well just buy the damn thin. LOL

I do like that Battlefield offer though. I'd have to get a controller for my PC yet.

I know how you feel. I want to play so many games but don't have the time or the energy sometimes. I have so many games and gaming system already that just sit there. I still have Borderlands sitting at home from Gamefly which I've had for close to 3 months. I might as well just buy the damn thin. LOL

I do like that Battlefield offer though. I'd have to get a controller for my PC yet.
While I'm not one to state that it's KB&M or GTFO, if you're going to do FPS gaming on a PC, you sort of HAVE to use a Keyboard & Mouse instead of a gamepad, simply because the speed and accuracy of them is so much greater that you will be playing with a tangible handicap with gamepads. Just something to think about.

While I'm not one to state that it's KB&M or GTFO, if you're going to do FPS gaming on a PC, you sort of HAVE to use a Keyboard & Mouse instead of a gamepad, simply because the speed and accuracy of them is so much greater that you will be playing with a tangible handicap with gamepads. Just something to think about.

OK, good info there. I haven't purchased a FPS game yet. Did that Battlefield 3 deal end yet?

Here's some stuff that I have from Humble Bundles. I've linked to some of the game pages. There's a LOT more though, but it'll take me too long to catalog them.

Team 17
Neighbours From Hell
F.E.A.R. 1-3, Guardians of Middle Earth
A bunch of good indie games.
Mirror's Edge, Medal of Honor, Populous, Dead Space 3, Crysis 2.
Bioshock (the original)

I also have a copy of To The Moon, which is a great indie game. Not much of a game as it is an interactive narrative, but a damn good one. Made me cry in the end (in a good way, as opposed to TLoU.)

I will occasionally play Battlefield and other FPS games with a controller even if I am playing on PC. I am still more comfortable using a controller because that's what I grew up with. I was never a PC gamer until about 2 years ago. I am getting better with a mouse and keyboard the more I use it but I still don't feel that I am any better with the mouse and keyboard than my controller. My shooting is probably more accurate but my player movement is so clunky and uncoordinated that it's kind of a wash for me.

I realize that this puts me at a disadvantage to other players when playing competitive multiplayer games with people who have mastered the K/M controls. That's why I prefer console versions of my multiplayer shooters, all else being equal. I would just get the free copy of Battlefield and try it both ways to see which you are more comfortable with. You won't be your team's MVP with a controller but I can usually get somewhere in the middle of the pack.

I'll have to remember to install origin tonight and get the game.

You can actually just create or login to your origin account and "buy" it for free from the website he linked to. That way you don't have to remember to do it before it's removed later. When you do install origin and login it will be waiting to download in your my games tab.

You can actually just create or login to your origin account and "buy" it for free from the website he linked to. That way you don't have to remember to do it before it's removed later. When you do install origin and login it will be waiting to download in your my games tab.

That's good to know. Maybe I'll do it now.

Humble Bundle was kind enough to put together all of a user's unredeemed keys, so attached is an excel list of mine. If you're interested in any let me know. Just so you know though, not ALL of these games are available, in the sense that I just haven't gotten to some of these games. So if you ask for Arkham City I'm going to say No because I plan on redeeming that eventually. I just don't have time to go through this entire list now. Also, not to be a jerk but you need to have been a member on Satguys for at least 6 months and have a decent number of posts, so that I'm not just giving out keys to people who are going to turn them around and sell them because they read this and decided to become a member just for free keys.

Attachments

• humble.xls
    64 KB · Views: 223
Reactions: king3pj
Humble Bundle was kind enough to put together all of a user's unredeemed keys, so attached is an excel list of mine. If you're interested in any let me know. Just so you know though, not ALL of these games are available, in the sense that I just haven't gotten to some of these games. So if you ask for Arkham City I'm going to say No because I plan on redeeming that eventually. I just don't have time to go through this entire list now. Also, not to be a jerk but you need to have been a member on Satguys for at least 6 months and have a decent number of posts, so that I'm not just giving out keys to people who are going to turn them around and sell them because they read this and decided to become a member just for free keys.

Wow! That list puts mine to shame. I didn't actually have a chance to read it yet but I did scroll down to the bottom to see that there were 352 titles. At this point, I already have more than I can play but I'll take a look through it and I might ask if a couple are available later. If anyone more new to PC gaming with a smaller library (Scherman) wants something they can definitely have it over me though.

Edit: in addition to the games I have previously posted I also have Pixeljunk Eden and Orcs Must Die 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)