Free Game Codes

If they are available I would take Octodad, The Darkness 2, and System Shock 2. Obviously a quick look at my backlog says I don't need any of these games but they were the ones that I haven't played that stood out.

To be fair that number is a bit deceiving, as some are duplicates (same game offered in different bundles) and some are multiple games tied to one key, like that Sega pack. But yes I was a little taken aback when I saw that number at the end.
As far as games go I can give Octodad and SS2. I want to hold on to Darkness 2 though.

To be fair that number is a bit deceiving, as some are duplicates (same game offered in different bundles) and some are multiple games tied to one key, like that Sega pack. But yes I was a little taken aback when I saw that number at the end.
As far as games go I can give Octodad and SS2. I want to hold on to Darkness 2 though.

Sounds good to me. Out of the 3 I mentioned The Darkness was probably the one I was least likely to actually play.

In addition to the games I listed before I now have an extra code for Gone Home. I highly recommend this one and I know yourbeliefs loved it.

In addition to the games I listed before I now have an extra code for Gone Home. I highly recommend this one and I know yourbeliefs loved it.
Well I wouldn't say I LOVED it but I did enjoy it very much. For me, games I LOVED are a select few, with games like Bioshock, Resident Evil 4, and some others. Still, anyone interested in the game keep in mind it's really an interactive narrative and not really a game. Just a lot of looking around and picking up stuff. I also HIGHLY recommend that anyone who plays it to play it twice because you're bound to pick up on things you missed the first time around, and the director/actor commentator stuff is really interesting.

In honor of Zookster getting a PC for gaming I wanted to revive this thread. If you haven't played Gone Home yet you should start there. Feel free to let me know if you see anything else on this list you are interested in though.

Since it hasn't been updated in a long time I'm going to take a quick run through my collection of extra keys on humble bundle. Unless I say other wise, all codes are for Steam.

Torchlight 2
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 2
Mass Effect 2
Contraption Maker (Spotkin Key)
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten (GOG key)
The Bridge
Gone Home with Soundtrack
Monaco
Orcs Must Die 2 Complete Pack
PixelJunk Eden
Bit Trip Runner 2
Shank 2
Limbo
Reus

Edit: I may still have some of the other codes I posted in this thread earlier too. I would have to check if someone wants them.

I also still have more keys than I can list here. Honestly, it's easier to just request a game and I'll see if it's in my unclaimed keys.

In honor of Zookster getting a PC for gaming I wanted to revive this thread. If you haven't played Gone Home yet you should start there. Feel free to let me know if you see anything else on this list you are interested in though.

Since it hasn't been updated in a long time I'm going to take a quick run through my collection of extra keys on humble bundle. Unless I say other wise, all codes are for Steam.

Torchlight 2
Bejeweled 3
Dead Space 2
Mass Effect 2
Contraption Maker (Spotkin Key)
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten (GOG key)
The Bridge
Gone Home with Soundtrack
Monaco
Orcs Must Die 2 Complete Pack
PixelJunk Eden
Bit Trip Runner 2
Shank 2
Limbo
Reus

Edit: I may still have some of the other codes I posted in this thread earlier too. I would have to check if someone wants them.

Thanks for bumping the thread and the offer. If Gone Home is still available, I'd definitely like to play it. That type of game will be more my speed anyway for PC. My only real attempt to play an action-type game (Deus Ex) with keyboard and mouse was a complete failure; that is, I literally failed the tutorial -- more than once. lol

I took a look at the spreadsheet yourbeliefs posted in this thread last year, and Wow! what a collection! Based on recommendations and the type of game it is, I wouldn't mind one of those To the Moon codes if you still have one. So many of the other games listed, I don't even know what they are (other than the multiplatform titles, of course).

Thanks!

Thanks for bumping the thread and the offer. If Gone Home is still available, I'd definitely like to play it. That type of game will be more my speed anyway for PC. My only real attempt to play an action-type game (Deus Ex) with keyboard and mouse was a complete failure; that is, I literally failed the tutorial -- more than once. lol

I took a look at the spreadsheet yourbeliefs posted in this thread last year, and Wow! what a collection! Based on recommendations and the type of game it is, I wouldn't mind one of those To the Moon codes if you still have one. So many of the other games listed, I don't even know what they are (other than the multiplatform titles, of course).

Thanks!

I'll send a PM in a few minutes. I highly recommend getting a controller. I've warmed up to the keyboard and mouse controls over the last couple years but there are some games that are just better with a controller. If you have an extra PS3/PS4 controller lying around and your laptop has bluetooth built in you can download some software to basically trick the games into thinking your using a 360 controller.

At the very least, get yourself a decent USB mouse and maybe a full size keyboard. I can't imagine trying to play a game on a laptop's built in trackpad.

Playing a FPS (or any first person) game with a trackpad should be punishment for Pro Gamers if they're caught cheating in competitions.

Also Zookster I PMed you a link to the key for To The Moon.

My list has expanded since that old list but unfortunately (although overall fortunately) HB revamped their listing of keys so they don't all appear on one page like they used to. If I can find an easy way to export the entire list I will.

Reactions: meStevo
I'll send a PM in a few minutes. I highly recommend getting a controller. I've warmed up to the keyboard and mouse controls over the last couple years but there are some games that are just better with a controller. If you have an extra PS3/PS4 controller lying around and your laptop has bluetooth built in you can download some software to basically trick the games into thinking your using a 360 controller.

At the very least, get yourself a decent USB mouse and maybe a full size keyboard. I can't imagine trying to play a game on a laptop's built in trackpad.

Playing a FPS (or any first person) game with a trackpad should be punishment for Pro Gamers if they're caught cheating in competitions.

Also Zookster I PMed you a link to the key for To The Moon.

I definitely use an external keyboard and mouse with my laptop, which is used more like a home office desktop. The laptop I got does have blu-tooth, so good to know about the PS3/4 controller trick (I have a few lying around).

Thanks again for the codes!

Thanks to the latest Humble Bundle I also have extra keys for The Stanley Parable and Freedom Planet.

So I haven't updated this thread in a while. I just picked up my Steam Link from Gamestop and it came with some extra keys and I also haven't posted my last few Humble Bundle Duplicates.

Here are the new games I have to add to my list. Some of the games I have posted before are still available as well.

Portal 2
DMC: Devil May Cry
Remember Me
Deponia

I thought about offering my Rocket League Steam key since I have it on PS4 but I think I'm going to keep that one for myself.

Looks like I might also have keys for Gears of War, Gears of War 3 and Gears of War Judgement that can be used on 360 or Xbox One. They sent me codes for all 4 Gears of War games even though I already have those ones digitally.

Unfortunately if you want the whole collection you will have to buy Gears 2 yourself. That is the only one I didn't already have.

Unfortunately if you want the whole collection you will have to buy Gears 2 yourself. That is the only one I didn't already have.
If you have your heart set on getting a free copy of Gears of War 2, find someone who owns a copy of the Ultimate GoW for the One and just play it online for about an hour on your account in your console. You'll get the codes that way as well. Just make sure you do so before the end of the year. I can confirm this works because I got 4 codes last night and I only played the game, never purchased it.

If you have your heart set on getting a free copy of Gears of War 2, find someone who owns a copy of the Ultimate GoW for the One and just play it online for about an hour on your account in your console. You'll get the codes that way as well. Just make sure you do so before the end of the year. I can confirm this works because I got 4 codes last night and I only played the game, never purchased it.

That's also a good option. Maybe Redbox or the local video rental store would be a good way to go.

That's also a good option. Maybe Redbox or the local video rental store would be a good way to go.
It appears that Microsoft has identified this potential loophole, as Gears Ultimate isn't available on Redbox. :p

http://www.redbox.com/browse/xboxone-games

Of course if anyone is interested in one of the better ways to rent games, AKA Gamefly, let me know and we can both get a free month of service. ;-)

I just got some extra keys from the latest Ubisoft Humble Bundle.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - Steam
Grow Home - Steam
Far Cry 3 - uPlay
Rayman Origins - uPlay
Splinter Cell: Blacklist - uPlay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)