Free HD-DVR for keeping NFL-ST

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Caeboy

Man with an FEA plan
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 31, 2004
Norman, OK
I had NFL-ST last year (the new subscriber deal with 4 months of free premier) Well I noticed that the first payment on my auto-renewal came on this bill.

I called up to cancel ST and get my $45 back and the 1st words out of the CSR mouth "What would it take to have you keep ST?"

My mind started spinning so I said "How about a free HD-DVR?"

CSR, "Sure no problem, Let me get that set up for you. That is a Free HD-DVR, Free installation, Free Shipping? Thanks for calling"

Just so you know my current package is the Family Choice, and HD enabling Fee. That is it. I even already have one HD-DVR. The only thing I had to do was agree to a 2 year commitment. Not bad since I still had 1 year and 3 months left on my original commitment.

All you ST guys, give it a try.

Thats how I've managed to get multiple receivers over the years. They want the ST dollars so they give away hardware very easily. Caeboy is right, its your best angle at getting an HD DVR for free. Just make sure you get the 5 LNB dish too installed if you havent already.

Ok I'm a 3 year sub with Total Choice & on HR-20 (just got it a few months ago for 99). I would like to get NFL ST (espeically in light of all the coming HD) & just got my second HDTV (in sig) as well.

What can someone in my situation do to score anotther HR-20 cheaply or better yet free?

Call and ask for retention and see what deals they have. Mention you are interested in ST and see if they will give you an HR20 and free Super Fan for the HD versions. If it doesnt work the first time, try again. You can always get ST, another discounted HR20 and credit offsets. There's alot of net wiggle room but best bet is always work with the retention folks. They know what they are doing.

I called in about price only, wanting a better deal than $329.

I ended up with $240 in credite ($20 / mo for 12 mos).

now that's a better price! they are very willing to assist people in keeping a sports package.

i can't wait for my turn to step up to the plate and fleece retentions. contract is nearly up, and the NFL season is almost here.

My husband called to let them know the price was getting to high for him and he wouldn't be able to keep it (we just got the bill with the first payment). The CSR rep said, no problems, he'll take it off the account now and credit the next bill with this current charge.

I guess it's the luck of the draw.

no, the season hasn't started yet so that's why he was able to cancel. once the season starts (and this is true for any sports sub), you can't cancel!

I just got my second HR20 from BB this afternoon. During activation I asked about any deals on Sunday Ticket with HD. She just told my 229 one time charge. Now does that include the HD channels & would it be for both of my HR20's?

No love for the long term customer :(

It would be for all of your receivers. HD would not be included unless they put Superfan on your account. You can usually talk them into giving it to you for free.

It would be for all of your receivers. HD would not be included unless they put Superfan on your account. You can usually talk them into giving it to you for free.

unless, you get the csr from hell.....like the one who called me saturday night. read my other post for details!

no, the season hasn't started yet so that's why he was able to cancel. once the season starts (and this is true for any sports sub), you can't cancel!
I'm not sure if this is in reference to my early post in this thread. My point is not that he was ABLE to cancel. My point was that he got a CSR that did nothing to retain him as an NFL ST sub.

If you weren't referring to my post, ignore this. :)

I'm not sure if this is in reference to my early post in this thread. My point is not that he was ABLE to cancel. My point was that he got a CSR that did nothing to retain him as an NFL ST sub.

If you weren't referring to my post, ignore this. :)

my bad.....i was referring to your post. i do mis-read sometimes and i must have mis read this......my apologies!! :)

true, but expect it to become the norm, now that directv10 is in orbit and directv11 expects to launch soon.

since the rsn's are expected to transfer to the conus beam, i see hd charges forthcoming for nba league pass and nhl center ice. its only a matter of time.

Ok, thanks. As far as most people know, NFL Sunday Ticket with Superfan is gonna be in MPEG-2 still this year, right?

Nobody really knows for sure but most of us have guessed it will be MPEG2 since there has been no indication of the immediacy of getting MPEG4 equipment for folks that subscribe to ST and SF. Its possible they could switch over but they may not do anything this year to ST. I would still get MPEG4 equipment and 5 LNB dish just in case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts