Free TVJ TV Japan hidden (again) 9989

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
At the risk of being accused of being a conspiracy theorist, I'd have to imagine that Dish would not want to add a channel to a low-priced package that includes a lot of the programming found on a high-priced channel. Just sayin'.

True. :D

Here what the TVJ Guide looks like without the FREE TVJ news listings.

image-660878865.jpg

Thanks for the Pic! Wish I could have seen it in HD!
I'm able to watch on Roku, but only on the one TV I have it on, and as has always been for some reason the English stream isn't reliable as it is for other news channels. I'm guessing there are few of us who watched the free news, or perhaps even knew about it.

That's also my favorite guide color. :)

I received a response back from TVJ, it still remains unclear if it is TVJ's intention to provide the news segments free, but one thing is clear it seems dish has bamboozled them as well claiming the change it due to the move to 118.7, we know this is false since the channel was working at 118.7 until last week when dish flagged it hidden. I have responded to TVJ to further clarify the situation about ch 9989-9991 at 118.7.

_____

Thank you for your inquiry.

According to Dish Network, the non scramble broadcasts (free) of

NHK News is no longer available due to their recent satellite migration
from 61.5 degree satellite to 118.7 degree satellite since the end of March.

The satellite migration affected not only TV Japan, but all other

internationalchannels as well.

In order to continue to watch TV Japan, your dish antenna needs to be
upgraded to an antenna called Dish 500+, and re-pointed toward

118.7 satellite direction.

We would very much appreciate if you could contact us or Dish Network directly
if you are interested in finding out more detail.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your
understanding.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------
TV JAPAN Customer Service
Tel: 1-877-885-2726
Mon - Fri 7am-6pm (PST)
FAX: 310-414-9478
E-mail: tvjapan@tvjapan.net
URL: www.tvjapan.net

Thank you for your inquiry.

The satellite migration affected not only TV Japan, but all other

internationalchannels as well.
I guess we now have proof that Dish hands their providers steaming crocks of poop, too. It's not just subs who receive these figurative porcelain gifts.

OTOH, I'm quite happy with Dish for carrying TVJ in HD now. It's killer. Too bad non-TVJ subs can no longer receive the free NHK News. The PQ is outstanding.

Hopefully, they can iron this out.

I'm nowhere near convinced because I'm trying to analyze everything before pointing a finger. I see a misunderstanding. It reads to me that It is being interrupted that our complaint is that we can't get the channel, period, on 61.5 anymore. Thus the comment "In order to continue to watch TV Japan, your dish antenna needs to be upgraded to an antenna called Dish 500+, and re-pointed toward 118.7 satellite direction"

I don't think we actually have the answer from this or that whoever answered would know if free news segments was discontinued. If we could find proof of any other carrier that has JV Japan with free NHK news, that would be a better answer short of getting a definitive, "we still offer free NHK news" or "we no longer offer free NHK news."

I'm 99.9% certain that channel appears in my guide, but it's supposed to be on 118.7º. I don't "see" that satellite so channels from it shouldn't appear in my guide. Why is it then ?

I don't think you are seeing it anymore. They were taken off of 61.5 and are now hidden also.

I'm nowhere near convinced because I'm trying to analyze everything before pointing a finger. I see a misunderstanding. It reads to me that It is being interrupted that our complaint is that we can't get the channel, period, on 61.5 anymore. Thus the comment "In order to continue to watch TV Japan, your dish antenna needs to be upgraded to an antenna called Dish 500+, and re-pointed toward 118.7 satellite direction"

I don't think we actually have the answer from this or that whoever answered would know if free news segments was discontinued. If we could find proof of any other carrier that has JV Japan with free NHK news, that would be a better answer short of getting a definitive, "we still offer free NHK news" or "we no longer offer free NHK news."
I think there were posts from users with 118 access that said they no longer see the free news listed, and the channel doesn't become available during those formerly free newcasts, as they once did.

Combined with the reply from TVJ which states:

It truly sounds like Dish is trying to get out of continuing to provide the free NHK News on TVJ. And, doing so by providing a BS excuse.

I was kinda hoping it was by agreement with TVJ in exchange for HD carriage. But, it's seems that TVJ had nothing to do with the decision.

I received a response back from TVJ, it still remains unclear if it is TVJ's intention to provide the news segments free, but one thing is clear it seems dish has bamboozled them as well claiming the change it due to the move to 118.7, we know this is false since the channel was working at 118.7 until last week when dish flagged it hidden. I have responded to TVJ to further clarify the situation about ch 9989-9991 at 118.7.
Did you let TVJ know that removal from 61.5 should have no bearing on carriage of the free programming?

Did you let TVJ know that removal from 61.5 should have no bearing on carriage of the free programming?

Yes I replyed to TVJ and clarified that the discontinuation of the 61.5 feed months ago had no bearing on the changes seen at 118 (119 hawaii spotbeam) last week.

You will also notice DIRT has made no public response to my thread and has nt contacted me, so as not to be seen as saying the wrong thing, I beleive they would be in the dark as to who exactly makes these moves or at what lever of dish these kind of decisions of when and how to flag a channel as hidden. I know the uplink dept executes these flag changes per the IT dept orders who reports to engineering and follows someone else's directive at corporate.

So here is the latest response from TVJ at 2:15 pm Tuesday, we shall see if there is a (magical fix to the major technical trouble at dish) reversal of flag in database with the Wednesday uplink.

Thank you for your reply.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience..

According to Dish Network technician, there was a major technical trouble
with Dish Network equipment.
We have already contacted Dish Network to fix the problem as soon as possible,
but thank you very much for understanding and patience.

If you have further questions or concern, please feel free to contact us at anytime.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Mon - Fri 7am-6pm (PST)

Last edited:
Looked to see if I got a response, found this similar (to yours) email it in my spam folder.
"TV Japan" <tvjapan@tvjapan.net>
We apologize for this misunderstanding.

We had a technical failure with Dish Network.
We would very much appreciate if you could contact us or Dish Network directly
if you are interested in finding out more detail.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your
understanding.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Mon - Fri 7am-6pm (PST)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)