Freeviews Animal Planet, Lifetime and other

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
A number of channels are or will have freeviews in these days.

Currently Animal Planet, Lifetime and I think another one have freeviews.
Starting December 15 a number of French channels will also have free previews.

Why would you want to watch the free preview, other then the french ones? The US version of these channels are far Superior then the Canadian versions. The worst US channel is far Superior the the Best Canadian Channel.

Oasis HD is also on freeview, that´s one premium channel (no commercials) that I like, I don´t know of any US equivalent to it.
I like Lifetime Canada, in addition to the Lifetime US movies, they also air NCIS reruns.

Interesting?

Here you have US res :flag wanting Canadian TV, while in Canada on all the forums(Canadian IE KU Sats, DTH, Channel Canada) I visited, you here about how the Canadian versions of US ones suck and they(Canadians :canada ) want the US version instead? :what :usa2 Very Interesting?

Yeah the grass is greener on the US side.

You have to remember, to get the "True" versions of US channels in Canada you have 3 options:

1) Internet(not that skilled in this area, so can't really comment on this one)

or the "Traditional way"

2) Dish Network
3) Direct TV.

The thing is, it not that simple its not like, OH I don't like Dish or Direct I'll simply switch to Cable IE Warner or IPTV IE Fios or Verison(I think those are IPTV services, but not sure, as I don't live in the US)

As I recall Tom, you didn't have much trouble doing it the 'traditional way' a few years ago. ;) I think, depending on where you live, the grass is greener on the side you don't live on, especially for those interested in this section of Satellite Guys.

I agree that at least some of the the US channels are better than their Canadian counterparts. Many other are equally as bad although often for different reasons. For me the final season IP-NWT is a must see, and my mother is a WWII war bride from England, so she gets a "Happy Christmas" from the Queen each year thanks to the CBC. Also, I'm enjoying "Strange Empire" and looking forward to Air Farce next Wednesday. And even with sim-sub, I like giving the finger to the US local channel monopoly. Oh, and the exchange rate ain't been bad lately either!

Although I can't comment on other Canadian view points, for myself I think it dates back a long time. The thing is I would see commericals about US shows/channels IE TNT, USA, SCI-FI, The movie channels IE HBO, Starz etc and see programming on them that in most cases weren't available in Canada and that the thing that made me mad and I'm assuming other Canadians too.

Though things have changed quite abit from then to now, although you still get those few shows not available in Canada unless you get Dish or Direct on certain channels.

Will Dish & Direct be available "Legally" in Canada iin the future? Who knows, but I dought it.At least for me yes I had to go through a lot to get Dish and paying quite a bit for it consider my package

The Everything Package(largest I believe or I think it is?)
All the extra HD channels(not included in the regular packages)
The French package(wife is Francophone)
and a few others. Paying slight close to $200 US month for it.

Though I can't get some of the features IE PPV

For me I love what I got. For local US nets it really doesn't effect me that much, what I'm more worried about is the others IE TNT, HBO, other channels like that.

But I guess everyone has their own view of taste , so no biggie everyone's in tiled to what they want or like for their TV pleasure.