Friday FTA Fun Poll 11/14

How many times you visit the FTA forum here?

• Multiple times a day

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • Once a day

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Every other day

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Once a week

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • too many times a day, can't count that high!!!

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Another week.....another Friday FTA Fun Poll

this one comes from a member....and its kinda not FTA related but hey it works :)

How many times you visit the FTA forum here?
A) Multiple times a day
B) Once a day
C) Every other day
D) Once a week
E) too many times a day, can't count that high!!!

I try to check them out at least once a day, most more.

I voted for "Multiple times a day"
but, lately (in the past couple of months) I have missed a day or two, several times.
also, any day I do get here it is "Multiple times a day", and could easily be "too many times a day, can't count that high!!!"

I check multiple times per day. I usually check at least once at work during lunch and log on in the evenings at home. Though I don't talk (post) much, my wife calls this my support group.

I almost always check the FTA forum at least once a day. Sometimes, when things are very busy around here, I have to catch up after a missed day. After my recent trip to NYC, I had to catch up after 9 missed days, and that was quite a bit of reading! :)

I never log off unless my system needs rebooting! :eek:
Same here. - :)
Ice... you shouldn't have put that at the bottom... I'd already checked Multiple then I saw the correct answer listed at the bottom...
Same here. - ;)
Next time, I'll read all the options. :cool:
... It's one of my active tabs in Firefox, and the computer is on 24/7 .
It's -my- FIRST tab in FireFox, and I run with lots of 'em. - :eek:

If I had high speed instead of dialup it might be once every 3 months with a dedicated computer to satelliteGuys! But with dialup, it had to be multiple time a day.

AND I just got a call from my ISP, They just installed a new access point on a tower that is LOS for me, but supposedly too far away. But since they saw all my dishes -- They are willing to give my location a try with a primestar or a 6 foot, rather than the 20" !!

Last edited:
At my home QTH I am on dialup. However, the ISP has quite a bunch of customers in our area, particularly on the Oregon side of the river (Rufus and Arlington), so they put up a new wireless transceiver on a tower. I am over 9 miles from the tower, range is 6 to maybe 7 miles. It is connected to the backbone by fibre, so it is fast and is to have very good bandwidth. If it does as they say, I will be on their wireless system. It should be low enough power use so I will be able to keep it on 12 volt batteries! from solar!! AND it should be good for VOIP phone which will make my "landline" more reliable also (they are a phone provider, so that is one reason they want to expand the wireless.)
The (3rd closest at 1.5 miles from me) neighbor, I am installing a sat dish for, had a range test today and had solid signal on a 24 inch dish.

Multiple times a day... definitely. Here at home, or anywhere with the palm phone..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)