Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Friday fun poll...you know how this works. I ask a fun question and you answer :)

OK...here goes..remember this is a hypothetical question

I know some of us have LOS issues or can't put a C-band up, but lets say for a moment you can see from 30-157W :D

Which satellite that you cannot get right now would you like to see and why?

(you can't pick a satellite to view scrambled channels...only FTA)

mine is pretty easy

AMC7 for the Anchorage stations

I can see KU from 34-157 but I can't get C-Band dialed in :)

SBS 6 behind the tree

The tract of land beside me has a tree directly in front of SBS 6. I have the rest of the arc from say 15 or so to 157. I have drilled & injected "Stump Rot" and I'm waiting for the next good gust of wind.

SBS has quite a few feeds from what I undestand and you gotta love those feeds.

Bye Bye Tree... HELLO SBS-6!!!:neener

G10R...
Due to neighbor's big pine trees, I can't even see anything after 104 degree despite of west coast location :)...

On the KU side, I cannot seem to dial-in SBS6, although I have to admit I haven't been able to spend alot of time on it. I can see from 20 to 157W here in Fort Lauderdale.
I am starting to wish I had a c-band setup as I get more and more into this hobbie. In South Florida, what do you think the smallest diameter unit I could get away with for the most channels?

I miss SBS 6. It's been my favorite backhaul bird since the early 90's. With NFL pre-season, the misery is bad until April when spring training is finished. Darn trees block that and digital from AMC 5. I can see everything else. :)

I will have to say I want to look at anything from Amazonas and East. I live on the East coast but have LOS issues with my shed. Everything else is good to go.

MikeI said:
I miss SBS 6. It's been my favorite backhaul bird since the early 90's. With NFL pre-season, the misery is bad until April when spring training is finished. Darn trees block that and digital from AMC 5. I can see everything else. :)

cues up Jackyl's "The Lumberjack"

chainsaw Mike.....chainsaw

Diamond Jim said:
AMC 8, for the other Alaskan stations.

AMC 8 would be mine also. I've been trying to get it for years. I even read years back, that the footprint didn't reach me. I wanted one of those Paraclipse 16 footers so bad, but couldn't afford one. I still tried and still do on occasion. You would think that sooner or later the wind would blow just right or the clouds would bounce the signal right or they would simply change the footprint.

Al

As of right now I am limted to 101*W to 79*W here in New Mexico because due to the next house just east of my dish is blocking SBS-6 which I want very badly and to the west can't get G-10 due to a rest of trees are in the way.

But the good news I am trying to find a satellite installer that will move my dish on the ground to on a roof next to the chimmy and hopely I will get all the satellite 40*W to 139*W ranges in next few days. :hungry:

My thurst for TV DX must be met at all cost!!! :D

amc 7, i have a chainsaw related problem when it comes to my line of site for it. I was able to get it last winter the day after an icestorm that must have bent the trees a little, two days later it was gone :-(

I'd have to say just about any C-band bird, since I can pretty much see all I need of Ku (my LOS is from 58 through past 129w, and there's nothing of interest past there other than 148w, which has nothing).

One of these days I'm going to come home with a disassembled BUD and the "fun" will begin :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)