Friday Fun Poll

How many LNBs have you returned to the store for the wrong reason?

• Zero

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • One

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Two

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wish I never got started on this hobby

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fizbi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Wild and Windy Casper, WY
I remember my first attempt to install a pizza dish. I got one of them kits with everything included, dish, LNB, cable, mounting pole, etc.

I got up on the roof and mounted everything. Got the dish angled just right, turned on the stab receiver and....nothing! What tha...?!

I double checked everything, ohmed out the cable, checked the box, still nothing.

I was convinced it was a defective LNB. I took it back to the store and convinced the salesman the LNB was defective and I demanded a new one. The salesman relented and handed over a new one and off I went to complete the mission.

Funny, I thought to myself, there was a box of LNBs at the store that looked like several of them were returned. Long story short...I ran out of patience and I didn't know there was a signal meter built into the receiver, so I never got the dish properly aligned. Frustrated, I finally called the dish installer and had the pros do it right.

Thinking back now, I have to laugh at myself.

So, how many perfectly good LNBs did you return to the store before you realized you didn't know what you were doing?

Just one

In the beginning there were newby's.

Sold a perfectly good Standard lnbf on eBay for $.99 cause I didn't change the receiver to 10750.

Zero.

Situations...

Bought LNBFs where you could not return them.

Or,
Bought them so cheap that it would not be worth paying shipping to return them.

Or,
Did not have a problem with them.

Or,
Was too stubborn to give up and asked for help.

Or,
.....?

I have never returned any lnb's because every one I have bought, or been given to me, has worked great. Even an old 39 degree K C band lnb (circa 1986) that I was given has been set up on a friends 10' dish last week and it gets all the dvb s signals on 99 west.

Last edited:
When I first got my StarChoice dish, I would get pixelization intermittently. Returned the LNBF to their distributer (they were about a 45 min. drive away), they mounted it on a dish and told me it was bad as there was pixelization. I'm sure now that the LNBF was not bad, but encoding problems when they were first starting out. They had a large bin where they the bad ones went. Must of been a couple of hundred there.

I've only bought two and both work great. The rest have come with salvaged dishes and work great. If one did not work, I would first think it was the operator and not the LNBF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)