Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Friday fun poll time!

Taking a note off last weeks (where I asked what 4 features you’d put into a reciver), here is this weeks.

TAKING YOUR CURRENT RECEIVER, which ONE feature do you wish it had? If you have more than one receiver, use what you feel is your best unit.

Blind scan
4:2:2 capability (but not HD)
HD capability (but only 4:2:0)
USALS or DiseQc
AC-3 capability
UHF option
Other (please note below)

If you want, please list the receiver you have. :)

Pansat 1500...
4:2:2 capability

nothing sucks worse than picking up a signal, hearing it but can't see the picture because its 4:2:2

even thought i don't have one yet, hope to have one soon, i voted on hd because it would be a feature i would like, but know i won't get.

The ONE feature that i wish my reciever had is the ability to fully control a BUD/ actuator, ie: polarotor support and 36v output to move an actuator.

I knew there would be answers that I coudlnt explain, thats why I put other :)

nice answer drhydro!

Very simple...

CoolSat 4000

:clap High Definition 4:2:0 :clap

UHF would be nice as well!

I voted 'Other'.

I would have chose 4:2:2 or HD 4:2:0 but if it's one or the other I'd be just as frustrated.

For other... I'd want Coolsat-style Blind scan on the Pansat 3500s :)

Microyal MRX-1000
DVR capability.

Dish Network has me spoiled. There's great stuff on FTA but it sure is inconvenient to have to watch in real time or fiddle with obsolete VHS tapes.

rayydio said:
Coolsat Pro - I'm with drhydro on this one...36 volt actuator drive to eliminate the VBox.
Oh yeah - that would be nice. I broke the spring-clip for one of the leads that go to the VBOX last night :mad: . I think I got it back together but that sucked to have happen outside in the dark last night.

I would love to have some HD stuff. I say this mainly because I'm still a little new to all of this and don't know the difference between 4:2:0 and 4:2:2. I'll have to look that up sometime. :)

When a channel broadcasts in digital DVB (what most of us can get) its either 4:2:0 (which we can see) or 4:2:2, which only PC cards and more expensive (700+ dollar) machines can get. Someone can explain the technical part but most of us get mad when we scan a satellite and get a channel, only to see a scrambled picture and sound due to it being 4:2:2

Yes there is HD but most of us would like a inexpensive box that does 4:2:2 (not a PC Card)...when one comes out, I'll buy it in a heart ebat :)

I voted other, because I have different recievers, for my:

4dtv - I would like to have that megapipe, or whatever it's called, to get some of the channels I can't currently get...

Mahattan (old FTA) - I would like AC-3...

Pansat 3500s - I would like to see HD coming from it...

QS1080IR - I would like to be able to do "Blind Scan" with it...

BUD (Big Ugly Dish) - although it's not a receiver, I would like to get a complete H to H going for it...

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)