Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Friday Fun poll time again

Thought of this last night (thats a rarity...usually these just come to me Friday) :)

What gets your heart pumping or blood boiling more

-when you find a new FTA channel that you really like
-when you lose a channel that you really like

when you find a new chanel you like

hey, this stuff is free and you never know how long it will be there, so enjoy it while you have it. And if it leaves, oh well

New channel I like : )

Just can't beat that feeling.............

Iceberg said:
when you find a new chanel you like

hey, this stuff is free and you never know how long it will be there, so enjoy it while you have it. And if it leaves, oh well

My feelings exactly! :clap

I will go against the grain and say when I loose a channel I really like. It's fun finding new stuff but very depressing when you loose a channel that you like and are use to.

From a newbie -- I think losing the first is the hardest. You feel cheated. After that, it gets a little easier to accept that everything probably isn't going to be there forever.

Finding new channels is by far better. It's like the toy in the cereal box, you know it's there, It's just a matter of how far you have to dig. :)

Heck, I figure I indirectly pay for FTA by having to watch ads. So if a channel drops or gets scrambled, in a way I think 'good riddence'. (To lose The Tube would be an exception to that thinking. )

On the other hand, there's nothing better than getting a new channel.

When I loose a channel I really like.

I already went thru the 2 situations, and I still can not stop thinking about one channel I lost, damm.

When the favorite channel appears, you're kind of thinking how long it will last. So enjoy while it lasts !
But when a channel disappears, you probably wish it could have lasted a little longer...

So, for me it's the latter!

I have to say new channel as well.

I'm getting a lot of this lately since I've added the big dish and C-band to my available options :cool:

I voted for when you lose a channel. But, I'm thinking of when severe weather hits you hard, while you're watching the game on what looks to be a scoring drive and "WTF".... come back, come back. darn weather. Or that time of year (twice) when you have the sun outages..... bummer, bummer, bummer......

Al

when the Fighting Sioux Sports Network came up for the first time this season, I damn near hyperventalated :)

Depends On Channel

I've had it go both ways; mostly in the analog days but have had it do the same on Dish. (I really hated when they went from Discovery WINGS to the Military Channel.)

I got a C/Ku feedhorn and Ku LNB for a Christmas present one year. My brothers helped me install it (after opening presents and having Breakfast) on Christmas morning and we went back inside. The first Ku satellite I programmed was Anik E2. Much Music Canada was there and was still free. I rolled tape and recorded music videos for about two or three hours that mid morning/afternoon; not programming the other satellites in until much later. That was an exciting channel to get and I was glued to it. That evening I enjoyed the Atlantic Satellite Network (out of Canada).

Another time I discovered black signal and color bars for an unannounced station. For weeks I kept checking different times of day only to see colorbars. I knew something was coming. Finally I saw a slate announce the coming of FXM; movies from Fox. There was a countdown as on Halloween night they were going on the air. I recorded their first broadcast; "The Rocky Horror Picture Show". This stayed in the clear but finally scrambled; along with FX. (I don't think I've ever watched FX since they scrambled.)

But my all time loss was a two hour show that was (for the longest time) only available on C-Band. It was on Saturday nights from 11PM to 1AM Eastern on Galaxy 7 TP10. It lasted for several months. The show was "WeirdTV" with "The Space Bass Medicine Hour". To run the show they sold the "Space Bass Earthquake-Detecto-Alarm" and dinasaur poop. (No, I'm not making this up.) Of course it could never last with such a small audience and no real advertisers. It wasn't that this was the "greatest" show or anything. But it was a non-network show put together by people that loved what they did. They would show strange music videos, freaky animation, the "weird" of America, and places like "Burning Man". They had stuff the networks would never show.

Oh well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts