Friday Poll!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok folks It friday! I was thinking how we'd all love to see a great music channel on FTA. Something like the Tube of by gone days. So with that what was your favorite music group growing up? Maybe they still exist as a group. This ought to start stirring up some memories of the good ole days.
For me I loved the rock groups of the 70's and 80's. Thesouthern rock had to be my fav. My all time favorite group has to be Canned Heat. I can still listen to them boogie all day long. I was lucky enough to see them in the mid 70's along with Todd Rundgren and Utopia, and a bunch of late 60's groups. They were here in Cincinnati for an outdoor concert. Blind

Well, I grew up listening to Top 40. So I was always more into individual songs more than groups. To this day, I listen to everything from Top 40, alternative rock, hip hop/rap, some classic rock, a little country, some oldies, especially some of the more obscure lesser known tunes and some one hit wonders and rarities including alternate versions and out takes. If I have to listen to FM radio...I guess Kiss 107 (top 40 ) would be the one I could listen for awhile without turning the dial. I am old... I don't fit their demographic...lol

I have stereo version of "Lets Work Together' by Canned Heat. Supposedly there never was a stereo version of that song, I think later on it was released even though this is the original 1970 version. It is supposedly now available on their Japan release of their Greatest Hits album.

I think I might be getting Off Topic.

I would have to say Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, The Band just thinking about it a few minutes. I don't think I could narrow it down to just one. Probably leaving a couple out.

It is hard to say. I have liked AC/DC most of my life, and is one band I have most of their albums up to 1991.

FWIW, my musical good-old-days was the early/mid 1980s, as well as a lot of the 70s rock. In recent years, I have grown to appreciate 70s punk, 80s new-wave, and 90s Brit-pop. Most stuff after 2000 or so I just ignore. Some of my appreciation of that stems from when I had MTV2 on C-band, and MuchMoreMusic showed older 80s music videos.

Just about everything. From Conway Twitty, Sawyer Brown, Zac Brown Band, to BTO, The Guess Who, Boston, and the Rolling Stones.

Wow, some of the posts got me thinking....When Sawyer Brown were just starting out they were a warm up band for Conway Twitty or George Jones can't remember...Anyway they were in Cincinnati and before they played they were sitting in the row right in front of us in the regular seats. Hardly anyone knew who they were back then. I just thought they were part of the audience. Also Peter Frampton....he lives probably 20 minutes from us...I know the neighborhood not the exact house lol I have forgotten about the old music channels Much music etc.....Blind

WOW.... so hard to narrow it down to even just a few groups. One that stands out that has not been mentioned yet would be Supertramp. Recently there is a new radio station in my area playing a lot of my favourite "lighter" music. They are missing the harder rock though. Try listing to this station througth there online streaming for some of your favourites. I have had it playing at work for the last 2 days now.

Vinyl 953

http://www.vinyl953.com/Flash/PlayerAndNowPlaying.swf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)