friends don't understand

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brotherhood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
97w/55n
Had a friend come over to watch a soccer game yesterday,he thinks fta was a waste of time and money.
Thinks i should stick with pizza size dish providers and cleanup my yard of big dishes .
The funny thing is he pays 14.00 a mouth for a specific soccer channel ,and i get it for free on that ugly dish.
HE did not say much during the game....LOL :)

Reminds me of one of 'their' commercials on tv, haha. They think its better because they pay through the nose for it. Well, this one would start one of those 40 page sagas if you'd posted it inthe dishnetwork forum!

my neighbor thought the same thing when I would wheel the big dish out.

He didnt say much when I showed him that I was getting a college hockey game with HIS team and he couldn't ;)

I'm a certifiable FTA nut and yes I admit others think I've lost it! My neighbors...family..and those who drive by the house too. Doesn't matter to me anymore. My gain, their loss. Blind:)

The ones that say our bud's stink are jealous I bet. They want to get what we get but don't have a clue. When I tell my neighbors what I get with my dishes there in awe. Especially when I tell them how little I pay for my 4DTV sub :)

My friend thinks FTA is completely illegal...
No matter what I tell him, he insists it still illegal!
Oh well, after his brush with the law concerning illegal Directv signals with illegal card and a hefty $5000 fine and legal fees and a almost divorce from a very pissed off wife, I recon he will that. Right now he is a subscriber to DishNetwork (legally).
I don't miss Directv after dropping them (for budget reasons) and I get alot to choose from as far as free to air channel on my FTA systems.
I do miss the HGTV, DIY, and other hobby channels.... Plus the Discovery Channels stuff.

My neighbors think I am nuts with my dish farm, and I would like to keep it that way. The other day one dropped in while I was surfing G19. He wanted to know ware they where coming from, I told him the mother ship. LOL After 2 hours he went home ,with a list of equipment to buy.

...Thinks i should stick with pizza size dish providers and cleanup my yard of big dishes .

Cleanup? Yeah, that's it. Somehow the presence of dishes is dirty or unkempt.

Maybe to them the dishes are like having junk cars in the yard.

Some friends of mine would not permit even a pizza dish antenna on the roof.
They would rather pay extra to the cable company for less service.
Any type of satellite dish is SO UGLY!:yikes

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 170
Remember it is human nature to point out the different and ask why one is not going along with the tribe. Just look at kids around the age of 12 or so. Things don't change too much as we get older. Most of us just get quititer about it.

The band RUSH has a song with the line "confirm or be cast out".

I just have to keep tossing out the mailing from the cable company. :up

My friend thinks FTA is completely illegal...
No matter what I tell him, he insists it still illegal!

That is the other way with most of the eye-patch crowd. I cannot convince them to beleive what they are doing is illegal.

On the other hand, I am going to help out such a friend keep his investment. He doesn't care what he gets, just that he makes good use of the receivers he now cannot.

Ken2400, I don't mind the junk mail from the pizza guys...I heat with wood, so their junk mail gives me something to start a fire with lol...Blind

Remember it is human nature to point out the different and ask why one is not going along with the tribe. Just look at kids around the age of 12 or so. Things don't change too much as we get older. Most of us just get quititer about it.

Fortunately, some have risen above that flaw in human nature and followed their own road, regardless of what others have said. Had it not been for them, we would all still be running around dressed in deer skins and brandishing clubs ;) ...

Most around me think I'm just keeping in touch with the mother ship.
:clap:haha

Someone once asked me what kind of setup do you have going on here? FTA, I said! FTA?:confused: Free To Air, I explained. He paused..........and said, aren't you afraid of being arrested by the police and going to jail? No! I replied, because the police know what I'm doing is legal!:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts