Front Page : Santa Bringing New HD for DISH Network Customers? (Rumor) Discussion

I even tuned to the channel to make sure it didn't pop-up and tell me I'm not subscribed to the channel. I've done NOTHING like a program guide update either...

It is NOT showing up on the remote access page (yet).

You'll have to take my word that I subscribe to AbsoluteHD. :D

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20101201_191444.png
    ForumRunner_20101201_191444.png
    145.6 KB · Views: 277
It may be my receiver. Ever since L671 came, I can't do a soft reset, or a nightly download without sending the 722 into endless boot recovery. A hard reboot is the only way that I can reset things. I may try one tonight to see if pixl comes in, although the freeviews came no problem today. Go figure.

It may be my receiver. Ever since L671 came, I can't do a soft reset, or a nightly download without sending the 722 into endless boot recovery. A hard reboot is the only way that I can reset things. I may try one tonight to see if pixl comes in, although the freeviews came no problem today. Go figure.

I do have PIXL but the guide info is problem. Almost the same w/ my 722k. I just tried 2 types of soft reboots. 1/ the red button the other w/ the 10 sec pwr. It didn't update program info past midnight. Just did hard reboot, that didn't work either keeps telling me that program info is old on the HDD. I'm on L680. Edit it's only for PIXL that info isn't showing.

Well, I just figured out, in the Stonecold 3rd person, that, dahenny, he ain't too bright. He had 388 blocked out from a previous time when that channel number was a dupe/freeview. DOH!

FWIW I'm an HD Absolute sub with a 622 receiver....

PIXL shows up in the Program Guide at 388 and has program info for at least a week into the future.

HD Absolute is dead... long live HD Absolute :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

Well, I just figured out, in the Stonecold 3rd person, that, dahenny, he ain't too bright. He had 388 blocked out from a previous time when that channel number was a dupe/freeview. DOH!
Yeah, I always worry about blocking channels in case they switch it to something "good" someday !

why do we need movieplex its basicly the encore chanels all cramed in to one channel. each day is a different one. is it aviable below the 250 package if its only in the 250 you all ready get the 24hr version of the channels it airs.

If the new HD is not GOL TV and on by next week I am going through with my installation to Direct. (& saving ALOT of money!):up

People who like sports should go to DirectTV and people who like movies should stay with Dish. We get tired of hearing all the threats to leave. After the new subscriber deals are over, lets see how much you save with Direct over Dish. Just Go!

Dish network ads a new HD channel, commercial free, no increase in cost... and people still complain. Dish's Platinum package is definitely growing into something that separates Dish from Directv. Directv has the Ticket and MLB, Dish has a ton of HD movies for $10 a month!

I'm usually pleased to get new channels at no extra cost. I apologize in advance for jinxing the doubling of the Platinum price. ;)

Dish network ads a new HD channel, commercial free, no increase in cost... and people still complain. Dish's Platinum package is definitely growing into something that separates Dish from Directv. Directv has the Ticket and MLB, Dish has a ton of HD movies for $10 a month!

I'm usually pleased to get new channels at no extra cost. I apologize in advance for jinxing the doubling of the Platinum price. ;)

I agree about the complaints about adding channels at no additional cost especially when DirecTV talks about paring down on channels, and I hope the costs stay the same with Dish. I really do feel sorry for someone who may lose a favorite channel with DirecTV. I honestly do not mean that in a rude way or to start a DirecTV v. Dish war. I just hope that Dish does not follow DirecTV in their steps on paring down on channels. I actually like the way Dish is going right now for the most point minus those equipment fees and a few channels going away that others like. However, if Dish is doing so to negotiate a fair deal that will not cost the consumer; then, I am all for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts