Front panel light adjustment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
I know I saw it somewhere a month ago or so, but how do you adjust the front panel light brightness on the HR-34?

It's the same as other dvrs, press and hold the left button on the light circle and press the right button four times.

I didn't know it worked that way, too. I've always done it the other way.

Just make sure you are not tuned to an active, red button, channel. Also it works either press ing both at the same time or press and hold either the right or left and hold it down and then press the other botton 4 times.

thanks for the tip. I thought the response would have been Black Electrical Tape or Duct Tape. (grin)

thanks for the tip. I thought the response would have been Black Electrical Tape or Duct Tape. (grin)

I will admit it. The HD receiver I replaced yesterday had black electrical tape all over the front. The installer deactivated it and took it back with him. He looked at it and asked me why it had tape on it. I told him because I didn't want to see the blue lights.

He looked at me like I was crazy and told me all I had to do was dim it or turn if off using the same method described here. And just about the time I asked my wife if she knew where the electrical tape was!

Learning more and more everyday!

I'm not sure I'd I'm doing something wrong, but I the box keeps lighting back up every couple of days. Is there anyway to make the dimmed lights permanent?

They will come back on if you reset the dvr, or if there is a software update sent to it from Directv.

Ah I have needed to reset it a few times for the c31 to start working again. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts