Frustrated by numerous program guide issues

For the most part we are venting, I doubt anyone expects a solution after posting here since Dish doesn't monitor this site. The problem is obviously the guide data. I have at least one timer with a misspelling, not from me, but from whomever does the guide.
Yes, it probably is. But I wonder if something in the Dish code of reading the guide data is causing (at least some) of the issues. To track that down you have to look at where else the guide data resides and see if it's the same there.

Yes, it probably is. But I wonder if something in the Dish code of reading the guide data is causing (at least some) of the issues. To track that down you have to look at where else the guide data resides and see if it's the same there.

That’s what I think it is or you would see these complaints from TiVo owners too. There are complaints but not to the extent that Dish subs are having problems

Reactions: sam_gordon
As of this morning our guide on all receivers is late my an hour ... example instead of 7am it says it's 6am but with the correct program for 7am

Sent from my KFDOWI using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
It isn't just the guide but the programming was an hour early as well. So the guide matched the programming. I thought I was safe with a couple of manual timers, but they recorded the wrong programs.

It isn't just the guide but the programming was an hour early as well. So the guide matched the programming. I thought I was safe with a couple of manual timers, but they recorded the wrong programs.
Mine was not the programming early..example it still showed Red Sox @ 1pm. That now has changed and it shows it would be on @ 12pm

I had a 10am manual timer to record 25,000 pyramid on GSN. The shows aired at 9:00 instead, just as the guide said.

Deal or no Deal, which normally airs at 11:00am, aired at 10:00.

Reactions: Tampa8
Yeah, chat is "aware". old "unplug, reboot" advice. I'm not watching anything on Dish anyway, so...

Yes everyone should reset their receivers, especially DVRs. After the reset it took about 20 minutes for my timers to catch up. After that, there were a number of screwed up timers that needed attention. Some of those affected were ones that I had previously fixed.

Just speculation, that this kind of issue if self corrected could be causing some of the problems we are experiencing. To that point, over the last couple of months, I have noticed the green light on my VIP612 DVR long after the daily maintenance was completed. I thought I had left the DVR on but when I turned on the TV the "your receiver is currently off" screen appeared.

Just noticed after posting this, the post that the eastern arc guide was OK. TO me that ties into my above speculation.

Another thing is that I'm only getting 3-5 days of guide data on the Duo compared to 12-13 days I was getting on a 722k. Is that something that changed or is it the Duo?

Another thing is that I'm only getting 3-5 days of guide data on the Duo compared to 12-13 days I was getting on a 722k. Is that something that changed or is it the Duo?
I have noticed the guide being short-changed on my Duo occasionally. Usually, leaving the Duo in standby and letting it take a guide download fixes that. The ViP722k had a nine-day guide at most. It seems like I always have a slightly longer guide length on my Wally with EHD, than I do on the Hopper Duo.

Like most people here, I don't waste my time calling Dish on these issues. So I just checked their site to see what my options were to notify them of issues.

I left them a complaint on their "Leave Feedback" and suggest that others do as well. Better than nothing???

Noticed they also have a "My Dish Communities" which doesn't seem to be much used but did have comments on the early departure from Daylight Savings Time. Anyone know anything about this?

I checked about 4 hours ago on my HWS, eastern arc, and everything looked fine.

I had a 10am manual timer to record 25,000 pyramid on GSN. The shows aired at 9:00 instead, just as the guide said.

Deal or no Deal, which normally airs at 11:00am, aired at 10:00.
At lunch the time was still screwed up, a 4pm timer says it recorded at 3pm was the correct recording, and when I got home at 5pm, everything was back to normal. I didn't reboot at all.

At lunch the time was still screwed up, a 4pm timer says it recorded at 3pm was the correct recording, and when I got home at 5pm, everything was back to normal. I didn't reboot at all.
It probably rebooted on it's own like mine did...

Reactions: pattykay