Frustrated by numerous program guide issues

We complain when new episodes of programs are skipped. Last night the remedy was to put new program descriptions on the guide for old programs of SEAL Team and S.W.A.T on CBS. Really bummed me out when the programs didn't match the descriptions and I realized they were reruns.

Timer alert for those who record DC's Legends of Tomorrow on the CW. Tuesday, April 21 has a new episode (season 5, episode 8, "Zari, Not Zari") but it is not listed as New. This episode was originally scheduled to air on 3/24/20 before everything started getting delayed by the coronavirus. It was delayed until April 7, but then both The Flash and DC's Legends of Tomorrow were delayed again until April 21. The guide info for The Flash is correct. However, since this episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow had already been listed in the guide as a New episode on 3/24/20, that is still listed as the original air date in the description for this episode. Therefore, if your timer is set to only record new episodes, it will not find the episode on April 21.

Timer alert for those who record DC's Legends of Tomorrow on the CW. Tuesday, April 21 has a new episode (season 5, episode 8, "Zari, Not Zari") but it is not listed as New. This episode was originally scheduled to air on 3/24/20 before everything started getting delayed by the coronavirus. It was delayed until April 7, but then both The Flash and DC's Legends of Tomorrow were delayed again until April 21. The guide info for The Flash is correct. However, since this episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow had already been listed in the guide as a New episode on 3/24/20, that is still listed as the original air date in the description for this episode. Therefore, if your timer is set to only record new episodes, it will not find the episode on April 21.
Right now with all this crap going on I really don't care anymore whether it's new or old. If I miss an episode I miss it because most of these programs are being cut short anyway by the virus. Most season finales are yet to be shot and with this mess they'll probably start cutting programs.:mad:

• Sad
Reactions: pattykay
Right now with all this crap going on I really don't care anymore whether it's new or old. If I miss an episode I miss it because most of these programs are being cut short anyway by the virus. Most season finales are yet to be shot and with this mess they'll probably start cutting programs.:mad:
Sad, but true. The Flash was supposed to be wrapped up around the time that Stargirl was scheduled to premiere. So far, with all of this delay, the premiere of Stargirl has only been pushed back one week, to May 19. So, it looks like The Flash and/or DC's Legends of Tomorrow will end up having short seasons, or else the CW will have to do some really creative scheduling to be able to have all of these series going at the same time. :(

Reactions: Howard Simmons
This issue has now been fixed. It is almost like someone at Tivo (supplier of guide information for Dish) is reading this thread. ;)

Unfortunately, I found a new problem with the guide information on the CW. Next week's episode of Riverdale (Wed. 4/29) is not listed as new, and has an original air date listed as 5/1/20.

I have noticed a LOT of shows lately being labeled NEW that are not new. Seems like more than usual, seen them on Discovery, Discovery ID, Travel. Maybe it is a Discovery thing since all those are part of the same network. It gets annoying getting 5 minutes into a show and realizing you have seen it already. I have also seen quite a few instances of old episodes combined together into a 2 or 3 hour "NEW" show, that sucks, then I FF through the whole thing to make sure there isn't a "NEW" show in there somewhere.

Nets and diginets are going through old episodes and adding commentary, thus making them "new".
Half the time there isn't any commentary. Discovery ID is notorious for this, they take an episode from an older series, change the name and all of a sudden it is a new stand alone show. Usually on Friday nights.

Nets and diginets are going through old episodes and adding commentary, thus making them "new".
I have been getting a lot of old episodes recorded as new lately, and it is extremely annoying. Discovery is one problem network. I have a mess of Gold Rush episodes and I have no idea whether some of them are new or old. I have also been seeing it a lot on AXS TV. Top Ten Revealed keeps recording episodes that I have already watched, and often I don't even realize it until I am halfway through the episode.

Reactions: wormil
I have been getting a lot of old episodes recorded as new lately, and it is extremely annoying. Discovery is one problem network. I have a mess of Gold Rush episodes and I have no idea whether some of them are new or old. I have also been seeing it a lot on AXS TV. Top Ten Revealed keeps recording episodes that I have already watched, and often I don't even realize it until I am halfway through the episode.
Same here on the top ten on axs tv. However the new season was supposed to start this past Sunday.

This issue has now been fixed. It is almost like someone at Tivo (supplier of guide information for Dish) is reading this thread. ;)

Over the last year I have noticed a lot of corrections whether I post or before I get to. Better to be safe than sorry. The CBS programs I last reported, where new episode did not run are scheduled as new again this week.

Reactions: pattykay
Perfect example was Tuesday's Deadliest Catch on Discovery. They actually had 3 shows combined into one 3 hour show in the guide. Deadliest Catch, Deadliest Catch Bloodlines, and then a Tribute show at the end. I guess at least all three were actually NEW shows but come on, are these people lazy and just put them all into one show to cut down on their data entry?

Perfect example was Tuesday's Deadliest Catch on Discovery. They actually had 3 shows combined into one 3 hour show in the guide. Deadliest Catch, Deadliest Catch Bloodlines, and then a Tribute show at the end. I guess at least all three were actually NEW shows but come on, are these people lazy and just put them all into one show to cut down on their data entry?

It’s not just deadliest catch. Gold Rush is doing the same thing now, or at least they did this past season with gold rush, white water and the catch.I assume both shows are produced by the same company

DVR still not recording random episodes of Survivor, happened again this week.

1671b7957e8984890a3f4728c4d7105e.jpg

I get that sometimes although it is probably something I am doing to myself. I have HWS and juggling 3 tuners to record things, sometimes I will tell it to skip the recording to have enough tuners. I expect it to record the next viewing and mostly it does, but there are occasions when it does not record the show at all.

Reactions: charlesrshell