FSR-2000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
I was given a Sony FSR-2000 satellite receiver. I really don't know what it does yet as I don't have a manual, and I haven't connected it. Is anyone familiar with this receiver? I did a Google search and came up empty.

Thanks,

LoTech

I have one too, manufacture date 1987. I could not find anything on it other than the fcc certification stating that it complies with part 15B.

No idea what type of receiver it is, never hooked it up.

Last edited:
LoTech,

Any luck with this beast? I have been thinking about trying it out, but I have a ku set-up and there are not too many analogue signals on ku.

Tamuin

No, none at all. I hooked it up, and basically all I could get it to do is change channel up/down. It has channel numbers programmed like a VCR [2-20]. None of the other buttons seemed to do anything. Without any instructions I gave up and hooked the Coolsat back up. If you figure anything out, let me know.

LoTech

LoTech, can you post a picture of that box, front and back, so we can get some idea of what it is?
Sounds like it might be an old cable set-top box.

There's one on ebay right now (ends Feb 3) - item # 110422136157.

I've seen references to Sony's Professional line (the rack mounts on the ebay unit tend to confirm), as well as a release date of 1990.

___
Neil

I don't know how those ebay photos look (ebay is blocked here at work), I just tried to take a couple of pictures with my cell phone, but it does not have a macro mode so you can't read any of the labels. If I can remember to bring a camera I will post a photo or two tomorrow.

I happen to have this box and some other free gear under my desk at work so that my wife doesn't know just how much good stuff (or in her words junk) I have collected.

Thanks for the ebay link, rack-mount receiver of some kind, about all you can tell from the front panel picture is that it looks to have a keypad or bunch of buttons on front. Hopefully you can hook up a ku dish to it and see what happens soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts