Newbie getting started

Status
Please reply by conversation.

utahdl

Original poster
Jan 15, 2010
new york
I live in Western New York and have no prior experience with FTA. I am looking for someway to get the following Southern California (LA) feeds- KNBC, KABC, KCBS, and FOX. Can i get them using FTA and if so, what would I need? Any advice is appreciated.

Welcome to Satellite guys utahdl
I am fairly new to fta also , i do know you can recieve fox that your looking for as for the others not to sure , to be honest with you , but stick around and some of the pros here will jump in and guide you in the right direction . You came to the right place and welcome aboard.

I live in Western New York and have no prior experience with FTA. I am looking for someway to get the following Southern California (LA) feeds- KNBC, KABC, KCBS, and FOX. Can i get them using FTA and if so, what would I need? Any advice is appreciated.

nope. They're not FTA and there really isnt a way to get them even if you subscribe to Dish because they are on a spotbeam so you have to be in Southern California

I can sometimes find one of the LA channels on AMC1 KU, very early, they do the traffic updates for drive-time in the mornings, I think its the CBS channel, but rarely see the actual news broadcast, usually its the helicopter shots.

:welcome

Utahdl,

Glad to see you join our site! You may not be able to get the specific channels that you desired, as Iceberg has stated, but we hope you will stick around and find out what other channels are available to you. Also, things change around here and you might find yourself lucky.

You might have been searching for one or two things very specific, but you might have just stumbled upon something much better than what you were originally expecting. Please stick around and check it all out.

RADAR

yes but it depends on the equipment

All 4 nets are on C-Band along with ABC HD, My HD on one satellite (99W)
CBS & CW are also in HD on C-Band
NBC HD is on KU
Fox HD does not exist on FTA as they use their own encoders (we cant pick them up)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)