Please reply by conversation.

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
Does a diplexer work with cable TV and the KU band? I have never tried using a diplexer, I think they are designed for OTA signals. So I would like to hear from someone - do they work? And how well.
Bob

yes it will work. Diplexer works from 35-approx 900mhz on the OTA/cable end and cable is between 54-600 mhz usually.

The only time it wouldnt work is to combine 2 satellite signals. We used a diplexer to combine a cable line and a directv line into a room and had no issues

Thanks Tony - I will give it a try, after I order some diplexers.
Bob

Does a diplexer work with cable TV and the KU band? I have never tried using a diplexer, I think they are designed for OTA signals. So I would like to hear from someone - do they work? And how well.
Bob

I do this for one of the rooms in my house which has digital cable and can see no degradation on either analog or digital cable nor satellite.

A diplexer will introduce approximately 1.5dB loss for each insertion. This totals to a 3dB loss for the merge and separation.

3dB loss can eliminate weaker signals. I personally avoid diplexers for typical FTA installs with a 76 or 90cm dish.

A diplexer will introduce approximately 1.5dB loss for each insertion. This totals to a 3dB loss for the merge and separation.

3dB loss can eliminate weaker signals. I personally avoid diplexers for typical FTA installs with a 76 or 90cm dish.
That is good to know - thanks Brian.
Bob

yeah that is good to know. I use to have my Starchoice output diplexed into my FTA line for the compauter room but removed that a while back.

Guess I'll have to run a 2nd line in there :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)