FTA Fun Poll 9/5

When you first got your FTA box what was the dish size you worked with?

• DBS

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • KU

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • C-Band

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
Had my first 1.2 meter since I rescued it from the dump, and used it for "rain-fade-free" DirecTV, so back when I got my Pansat 2500a I used that dish. After several blind scan attempts and pulling some hair out, I found out I needed a LINEAR LNBF! :eek: (Oh, the fun of trying stuff when you're not sure what the hell you're doing! ) Also had my 10ft C-band but never even thought of using it for DVB/FTA 'till just about a year ago!:)

gremlin411

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 16, 2008
South East Texas
My box cs5k had for over a year before I even used it. started to go to the darkside but my better half talked me out it, and I am glad. Found a 1.8 meter offset and it is still on the ground. I found a 1.2 meter and got my income tax money back and have it up at 123. My twin 2 yrs old limit my testing money and time.

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
Gotta say DBS since I had a receiver (Pansat 2700) about a week before the Winegard 2076 arrived. The old DirecTV dish I first used with the receiver didn't stay up there long. I got a used 1 meter Channel Master dish shortly thereafter (fixed on G-18), and now the Winegard is retired in favor of an Azure Shine 3ABN 36" (motorized).

vanalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 4, 2004
Northeast Indiana
My first was Primestar 75e with a invacom quad lnbf and Merc II receiver on tripod mounted to plywood in the driveway. I had a 20" tv in the shop outside and borrowed my father-in-laws superbuddy to find sats and then write down approximate aiming points and elevations to more easily find the sats again with the merc II. That sadly blew away in a thunderstorm in Aug 2007 and broke the arm off the primestar. I then used a Starband dish with same lnbf as it was not damaged, with cinder blocks on the plywood this time. Now I have up a Fortec 90cm with same lnbf, a sadoun 280 motor and using the Merc II to scan and have aquired a Quali for HD. Still need to do some fine tuning on the motor. As with everyone here, I have come a long way. I spent at least two years reading everything here before I had my first post. Now I am working on the WAF for Cband dish. I have a 67 inch mesh lying in the shop, but the best position for it on the property is looks straight out the kitchen window.

DishDigger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 27, 2008
I just got started in FTA and am enjoying what timeI can spend working with it. Bought a second-hand (though new) Coolsat 6000 and ordered a Fortec dish and LNBF from the fabulous SADOUN. I've been struggling with the operation AND the lingo!! I'm still not very well versed on what all this stuff is, though I researched the sats and figured the G10R (now G18?) sat seemed to be the best all around fixed sat to view. Actually set it up for the wife to watch at night in the other room (health problems - won't get into that now).

I tried today to set it up on AMC4 without much luck (had a very high pecan limb that seemed to be haunting me), so I set it back up on G10R and I think actually got a better signal/quality reading than before. Reading the postings on SatelliteGuys is paying off -- many thanks.....:D

daydreamer

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 15, 2006
I started with a Fortec Lifetime Classic NA receiver and a Primestar 84e dish about a couple of years ago. I have a Dish network subscription and had waivers for ABC and Fox distant channels. Then I heard that Dish was going to have to stop providing distants. So I set up a Primestar dish at G10R because they had Abc and Fox on there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)