FTA HD receiver to buy?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

earlief

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
texas
I am looking to buy an HD receiver wanted some input,seeking one with at least OTA and PVR capable. I saw the openbox s9 does not support 4.2.2, how big a draw back is this, meaning are there a lot of channels to view / subscribe in this format.

Thanks,

Ken

Kinda depends on what you watch and record.
Keep in mind, there is no "All-In-One" receiver.
Can you list some details of what you expect from a Receiver?
Like.....
OTA is a must
or...
Record HD Sports Feeds

or can blindscan a sat in under 10 minutes....

the azboxes are 4:2:2 capable but buggy, not sure about ota with them, and the blindscan is slow.
the opensat isnt 4:2:2 capable and is less buggy, no ota, super fast blindscan but lacks a hardware clock so there is some pvr issues.
the coolsat 8100 isnt 4:2:2 capable, has some bugs, has ota and pvr but lacks blindscan.

none of them can be used to subscribe to programming. and 4:2:2 is nice but you can live without it. it depends on the feeds your chasing.

crackt out,.

That actually helps, HD sports, and recording classic sitcoms/movies. The DSR/200HDD should take care of subscribed HD programming right.

The DSR/200HDD should take care of subscribed HD programming right.
I don't think there is any HD Programming left or available on the 4DTV, see the 4DTV section here....
4DTV DISCUSSION

As for recording, I think the Pansat 9200 is the only unit that can record High Bit Rate feeds - like sporting events. Well, not much of that open any more, so may not matter.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts