FTA HD receiver to buy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

earlief

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
texas
I am looking to buy an HD receiver wanted some input,seeking one with at least OTA and PVR capable. I saw the openbox s9 does not support 4.2.2, how big a draw back is this, meaning are there a lot of channels to view / subscribe in this format.

Thanks,

Ken

Kinda depends on what you watch and record.
Keep in mind, there is no "All-In-One" receiver.
Can you list some details of what you expect from a Receiver?
Like.....
OTA is a must
or...
Record HD Sports Feeds

or can blindscan a sat in under 10 minutes....

the azboxes are 4:2:2 capable but buggy, not sure about ota with them, and the blindscan is slow.
the opensat isnt 4:2:2 capable and is less buggy, no ota, super fast blindscan but lacks a hardware clock so there is some pvr issues.
the coolsat 8100 isnt 4:2:2 capable, has some bugs, has ota and pvr but lacks blindscan.

none of them can be used to subscribe to programming. and 4:2:2 is nice but you can live without it. it depends on the feeds your chasing.

crackt out,.

That actually helps, HD sports, and recording classic sitcoms/movies. The DSR/200HDD should take care of subscribed HD programming right.

The DSR/200HDD should take care of subscribed HD programming right.
I don't think there is any HD Programming left or available on the 4DTV, see the 4DTV section here....
4DTV DISCUSSION

As for recording, I think the Pansat 9200 is the only unit that can record High Bit Rate feeds - like sporting events. Well, not much of that open any more, so may not matter.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)