Full Scan Results

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
I've been FTAing now for a number of years but it's been a long time since I paid any attention to how many ITC channels actually scan in from a full scan.

So last night I started a full scan with my Winegard system using the Openbox S9 receiver because it's the easiest to use for this type of scan. It finished up with 1,328 channels from 137W to 139W. Whew, that's more than a couple, hey! Bad part about that though is about 90%+ of them are pretty much useless for most of us.

Last week I did a full scan using that same dish but used the AZ Box Ultra and during that one I peaked each satellite location before I did each satellite. Took the better part of 3 days!! :imshocked That's another advantage of being retired! :oldwink

Reactions: . Raine
UPDATE: Just noticed a type O in the sat locations I posted. That should have been 37W to 139W not 137 to 139! :wtf :sorrysign

Never paid much attention to the total #, but just looked at what it was here(without doing a total rescan), and it's 1324 TV channels.
'course, some are inactive feeds, # -??
139 to 55 West + 30W.

Never paid much attention to the total #, but just looked at what it was here(without doing a total rescan), and it's 1324 TV channels.
'course, some are inactive feeds, # -??
139 to 55 West + 30W.

From 87w back to 37w there's only about 10 satellites that I have active in my receivers cuz there's not much on them, for me anyway. The majority of these channels I got come from 87w to 139w where I spend most of my time.

Lone - Well you got my curiosity going regarding the "Full Scan" that you did. I decided to do one myself. I can lock on 57 sats (C and Ku) from 55.5w - 139w. I hooked up the MicroHD to do the scan. I'll let you know how long it takes!

Lone - Well you got my curiosity going regarding the "Full Scan" that you did. I decided to do one myself. I can lock on 57 sats (C and Ku) from 55.5w - 139w. I hooked up the MicroHD to do the scan. I'll let you know how long it takes!

I just looked at my list and I have 42 sats programmed in that I scanned so that's where that channel number came from.

Lone ... I only got 690 channels from a full scan on the MicroHD. 690 isn't right of course. My MicroHD starts scanning before
the dish has completed moving. I had forgot about that. To get an accurate total, I have to scan the birds one by one.

Lone ... I only got 690 channels from a full scan on the MicroHD. 690 isn't right of course. My MicroHD starts scanning before
the dish has completed moving. I had forgot about that. To get an accurate total, I have to scan the birds one by one.

Yeah, both my Micro HDs are NOT setup to do a full auto scan so I did mine with an Openbox S9 on that Winegard system. That old S9 "seems" to do a good job and I do use the other one on that Raydx "test" dish I have setup on my car trailer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)