Full sound and picture in the rain and howling winds!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scotty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
:smug

The windows are howling at between 20 and 50 miles an hour tonight, and its raining out there, and all I have is this lousy 18" dish...and I'm still getting great reception!! :D

Voom Voom Voom! Voom Rocks! When the HD is good, it's damn good! And when it ain't, it's just an old classic that's still great to watch even if the HD transfer isn't that great! I was around for the launch of D*, and it wasn't nearly as great as the 1st year of Voom. Voom just keeps getting better!

So keep a stiff upper lip, whiners! It'll get better and you'll love it!

Scotty, I'm glad VOOM is weathering the storm for you...after hours of rain fade Sunday, I got home yesterday from work and the dish was completely nonfuntional-only getting locals...ironically, my installer from a week ago was next door installing VOOM for my neighbor (on my suggestion) and he'll be here in a few minutes (yep, 6:30 AM!!!) to try to get my dish functioning again...I hope he can, cause I really want VOOM!

It was raining very hard in my area last night and for the first time I experienced trouble with my reception. It only lasted about 7 minutes or so. But, no big deal. I just watched locals for a few minutes. Voom Voom

my experience with 18 inch dish

In the heavy downpours the satellite dish kicks out. When the rain slackens to moderate rainfall, I get a signal (sometimes with pixelization). I get a solid HD signal in light to moderate rainfall. The latest subcontractor to come out said that whoever originally installed the dish did an excellent job aiming it. I'm wondering that those of you who have worse trouble with rainfade might be also experiencing a dish that wasn't perfectly located/aimed/installed. As I am in Pennsylvania, we don't get heavy downpours for long periods and the signal loss is quite tolerable. I am fine with the 18 inch, it's totally satisfactory for me personally.

Respectfully,

OK, the installer got my dish back up to 95 and I'm good to go again! I still don't have the channel guide but will muddle through...After about 10 min. on one STB I had the 'stilted' motion problem again and did a hard reboot and it cleared up again...I'm hanging in there and hopeful....

Someone Earlier said that the PG get Transmitted around 2:00AM but you have to leave you STB turned off. IF that Doesn't work a CSR toldme that if you call them they can "Hit" your Box and Force the PG down. (Box has got to be off though)

Hope that Works.

I have a 24" dish and it rained buckets in Portland today and I've lost it on & off over the last 24 hours, more heavy rain coming tonight & tomorrow then we get a break for awhile. I'm glad I have Dish HD for a backup system.

Darrell, do I assume correctly that you live in the west...

coast Portland?

Watching HDTV under cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

Portland, Oregon. We got about an inch in 24 hours yesterday. I was at the Library with my daughter last night and they have skylights and we heard this weird rumbling sound and noticed it was coming from the ceiling. It sounded like a freight train rumbling through the library, it was rain beating down on the roof. We peeked outside and that is the hardest rain I've ever seen in this area, it was phenomenol. Luckily it only lasted about 10 minutes or Portland would have joined the Willamette River and floated to sea.

Threv said:
Someone Earlier said that the PG get Transmitted around 2:00AM but you have to leave you STB turned off. IF that Doesn't work a CSR toldme that if you call them they can "Hit" your Box and Force the PG down. (Box has got to be off though)

Hope that Works.

I have a tivo and I never put my voom stb in standby because the tivo doesn't have the ability to turn it on for recording overnight or when I'm not home. My guide is always up to date on the Voom STB.

I'm having trouble with my tivo though getting it's own guide because I have it connected via usb to ethernet cable adapter, then to my airport express. The main airport base station is upstairs. the tivo loses the gateway all the time and can't get connected. I reboot the tivo and everything is ok for a while and it connects again over the internet and gets guide.

So I have more trouble with my tivo getting guide over the internet, than my Voom stb getting guide from the dish. The voom STB just works. I haven't had a lockup since the latest software upgrade on the voom stb either. Which my toshiba tivo was that solid.

So my experience is that you don't need to be in standby to get guide on the voom stb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts