Full Streaming Coming September 8th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
With the Fox Sports app, I am not allowed to live stream NFL games on my iPhone with T-Mobile service but can from my iPad. This is because Verizon has an exclusive deal with the NFL for streaming on mobile phones.

Does Directv have to follow the same mobile phone restrictions when attempting to live stream games from local network stations?

Good Question,
But in my case I was trying to use a Cellular iPad and a Desktop PC. I called DirecTv, they could give me no Explanation, and forwarded the matter up the line. I "should" hear a reply soon.....

I have been unable to connect (register) my device (iPhone). When trying to do so, it tells me it cannot find any DirecTV receivers (I'm paraphrasing because I cannot recall, verbatim, what the actual dialogue was), and asked to try again...which I do with no luck. I even entered the IP address manually and still does not find it. I have an HR54 and 3 small clients...is there something else I need?? Also, live streaming on my DirecTV iPhone app, does not offer me my full slate of channels. I have deleted and reinstalled the app about 10 times, with no luck.

I have been unable to connect (register) my device (iPhone). When trying to do so, it tells me it cannot find any DirecTV receivers (I'm paraphrasing because I cannot recall, verbatim, what the actual dialogue was), and asked to try again...which I do with no luck. I even entered the IP address manually and still does not find it. I have an HR54 and 3 small clients...is there something else I need?? Also, live streaming on my DirecTV iPhone app, does not offer me my full slate of channels. I have deleted and reinstalled the app about 10 times, with no luck.

Have you done a smart search on your DVR, typing TRANSCODE ON, then tried to register?
If you have, you may want to phone Directv's tech support. Have a great day.

Last edited:
Can your phone see the HR54 on your network if you use something like IT Tools to try to ping it? If you hit the dash key on the remote for the HR54 does it say it has an internet connection? The app on your phone won't show all your channels until it has established the registration with the HR54 and it knows about the phone.

Have you done a smart search on your DVR, typing TRANSCODE ON, then tried to register?
If you have, you may want to phone Directv's tech support. Have a great day.

Thanks, Spike...I'll try that when I get home! Enjoy your day, as well!!

Can your phone see the HR54 on your network if you use something like IT Tools to try to ping it? If you hit the dash key on the remote for the HR54 does it say it has an internet connection? The app on your phone won't show all your channels until it has established the registration with the HR54 and it knows about the phone.

Rad, thanks. I'll try everything once I get home from work.

Yes, it says connected. My iPhone sees the DirecTV WVB...and typing in TRANSCODE ON in Smart Search didn't work either.

Yes, it says connected. My iPhone sees the DirecTV WVB...and typing in TRANSCODE ON in Smart Search didn't work either.
Seeing the WVB is not the same as being able to 'see' the HR54, that's why I said to get a tool that would allow you to ping it.

I got it working. Apparently, the app had the wrong receiver selected. At least, I believe that was the issue because once I switched it, it was recognized and then it registered. I had relocated the Genie and one of the clients but never renamed their locations.

Not sure if asked, but are the NFL Ticket channels streamable?
I streamed them last using the NFL Sunday Ticket app, which also said that cellular streaming wouldn't count against your AT&T data usage.

I'm posting this in case someone is having the same issue I did, until I finally put 2 and 2 together last night. I had disconnected my GenieGo, and while the Mobile DVR app was working fine on my Android devices, the GenieGo apps on my laptop and Windows tablet were not able to find my DVRs, so I deleted them. Then I saw that the GenieGo app was working on Windows devices, so I decided to reinstall the GenieGo app, and see if it worked. I had the GenieGoSetup file in my download file from when I originally installed it. Where I had problems was it kept asking me for my GenieGo serial number, which of course now is disconnected. So I tried my HR44 SN, which did not work. Now the interesting thing, to me, was that when I put in the HR44 ID # the app accepted it, but then it couldn't fine any registered DVRs. After playing around with this for a while, trying various numbers, I tried my plan B. I downloaded the GenieGoSetup file from this link. https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv/KM1040967

I then installed this version of the GenieGo app, and it immediately found my HR44, and downloaded my playlist. I downloaded a few samples from my playlist, and PQ was excellent.

Unfortunately, while the GenieGo app does the DVR playlist and downloading well, you cannot access local channels through it or through the Web Browser Player. Sports are not an issue, because FoxSportsGo works fine for the RSNs. I still have BlueStacks installed, and can access the local channels the Android app there. Two problems with that method, which are somewhat related. First, with both the Bluestacks/Android app and the GenieGo app installed, it uses 2 of the allowable 5 devices on each device where I have them installed. Bluestacks spoofs an Android device to install the Android app. GenieGo recognizes a Windows device. Second, the Android app is on the Bluestacks network, so you are never on your "home" network", so you cannot download programs from your DVR. Unless I'm missing a way to change the Bluestacks settings.

So, my main point is, if you are running into the same problem I was trying to get the GenieGo app connected on a Windows device, make sure you have the latest version of the GenieGo app on your windows device.

Reactions: AZ.
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts