Full Streaming Coming September 8th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I seem to have all of them, including locals.

Sent from my iPhone

Im seeing the local channels being hit or miss.....sometimes it takes 30 seconds to load...sometimes they just dont load.....Same goes with my premium sports channels....There there only if locals are.

Im seeing the local channels being hit or miss.....sometimes it takes 30 seconds to load...sometimes they just dont load.....Same goes with my premium sports channels....There there only if locals are.

I have also noticed that my locals load slower than the rest of the channels. When you open the app and go to playlist immediately, on the bottom you should see "searching for mobile DVR." I've noticed once that finds it and says "download list", then my local load.

Sent from my iPhone

I have also noticed that my locals load slower than the rest of the channels. When you open the app and go to playlist immediately, on the bottom you should see "searching for mobile DVR." I've noticed once that finds it and says "download list", then my local load.

Sent from my iPhone
That's because the client first connects with the DIRECTV servers and then they have to find your Genie and then establish a connection with it and the client software in that box, yes it does take a little while.

That's because the client first connects with the DIRECTV servers and then they have to find your Genie and then establish a connection with it and the client software in that box, yes it does take a little while.

No complaints here. Things seem to be working great for me. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone

For those having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your device. I did that and everything starting working.

For those having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your device. I did that and everything starting working.

I did that. Still not working. Did a "TRANSC0DE ON" keyword search on my HR-54. Still not working. Did a red button reset of my HR-54. Still not working. App keeps saying it can't find the receiver, even when I manually enter the IP address of my HR-54.

Ok Directv APP works great on iPhone 6s and cellular iPad Mini 2, whether on wifi or cellular signal.

BUT... I only have my Houston FOX & ABC Locals, no CBS or NBC.... Really wanted to be able to stream Sunday & Sunday Night Football when away from home, what gives?

Is there some streaming agreement with the broadcasters?

Ok Directv APP works great on iPhone 6s and cellular iPad Mini 2, whether on wifi or cellular signal.

BUT... I only have my Houston FOX & ABC Locals, no CBS or NBC.... Really wanted to be able to stream Sunday & Sunday Night Football when away from home, what gives?

Is there some streaming agreement with the broadcasters?

Have you gone to the mobile DVR settings in the client and does it show your Genie as the device?

Have you gone to the mobile DVR settings in the client and does it show your Genie as the device?

Yes, all other channels work fine....

Update; away from home, trying to stream FOX 26 Houston for the Texans then Cowboys game ( The Texans game is on FOX instead of CBS because they are playing the Bears )
I tested it 2 hours before the Game and FOX Pre-Game streamed just fine on my iPad & PC.
I get on at Game Time and FOX 26 won't stream now, on the PC it says won't be available for 14 days, iPad just says unavailable....
I call DirecTV CS, on hold for 15 minutes, rep has no idea, on hold 20 MORE minutes, they say they are having a "Glitch" in Texas??? Really.
So far the "live streaming" is a disappointment.

BTW, the Sunday Ticket does me no good, because for streaming the Houston Locals broadcast Games are blacked out anyway.

FOX 26 is working just fine at my house according to my son, is the live TV Streaming really coming from our DVR connected to the internet? Or coming from the DirecTV servers??? Very confused.

This App is extremely limiting in what it does for me, or better stated, in what it does not do for me. All of my local channels are missing (except for ABC) from the guide for live streaming. There must be something about setting it up that I haven't done. *Shrugs*

Ahhhhh, figured it out! Finally got it to work!

Ok, did it fix your local channels?

Yes, all of my locals are now available on the Directv App. The key for me was going into the settings of the App on the iPad and iPhone. The App had to be registered to each device respectively. And that had to be done once in settings. Having to dig around for it may not be the most customer oriented way of doing things. When you don't know you have to dig for that function, it makes things very confusing. I'm just glad that I got it to work. I know that I'll use this a lot.

*Edit*.... For the sake of those who may come after me.... Go into the Directv App Settings on your device (smartphone, tablet).. then into My DVR and Register your device. After it is registered, you should be able to stream Live Channels including locals from your home's DVR on your device. *

Last edited:
Yes, all other channels work fine....

Update; away from home, trying to stream FOX 26 Houston for the Texans then Cowboys game ( The Texans game is on FOX instead of CBS because they are playing the Bears )
I tested it 2 hours before the Game and FOX Pre-Game streamed just fine on my iPad & PC.
I get on at Game Time and FOX 26 won't stream now, on the PC it says won't be available for 14 days, iPad just says unavailable....
I call DirecTV CS, on hold for 15 minutes, rep has no idea, on hold 20 MORE minutes, they say they are having a "Glitch" in Texas??? Really.
So far the "live streaming" is a disappointment.

BTW, the Sunday Ticket does me no good, because for streaming the Houston Locals broadcast Games are blacked out anyway.

FOX 26 is working just fine at my house according to my son, is the live TV Streaming really coming from our DVR connected to the internet? Or coming from the DirecTV servers??? Very confused.

Ok, after the two NFL Games were over, I can stream Fox 26 now on my PC & iPad, is this some kind of tactic to not let us stream NFL Games on the local networks we subscribe too???

Very odd that I could stream before and after, but not during.

Ok, after the two NFL Games were over, I can stream Fox 26 now on my PC & iPad, is this some kind of tactic to not let us stream NFL Games on the local networks we subscribe too???

Very odd that I could stream before and after, but not during.

After I figured out how to set my devices up, I streamed the NFL games I was receiving without any problems at all.

After I figured out how to set my devices up, I streamed the NFL games I was receiving without any problems at all.

Yet, I was watching inside my home. Maybe that is why I could see the game. I read that if I tried to watch the local game on my iPad with the NFL Sunday Ticket outside of my home, it would be blacked out.

Unlike last week, there are now some local channels I cannot stream when out of the home. Weird.

If I can't stream my local Networks away from my home, but in the same county when Football is on, I want to know why?

With the Fox Sports app, I am not allowed to live stream NFL games on my iPhone with T-Mobile service but can from my iPad. This is because Verizon has an exclusive deal with the NFL for streaming on mobile phones.

Does Directv have to follow the same mobile phone restrictions when attempting to live stream games from local network stations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)