Full Streaming Coming September 8th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am new to this mobile DVR and never really watched on the computer so I can't say how things used to be. But I too have a 2013 MacBook Pro and I cannot view my DVR like I can on the apps. I am not sure if this is normal or not. Also I cannot stream local channels on my computer but I seem to have most of the other channels. Even though I never had a genie go, I decided to download the genie go app on my MacBook and it does allow me to view all my shows from my HR 44 and prepare them and download them or stream them.

I am not sure if this is how it's supposed to work but I wanted to let you know my situation.

Sent from my iPhone
Worked! Just wish I could stream ALL channels though, especially for the fact that I want to be able to stream my "moved" channels during storms, and not just my true locals via OTA.

Perform a key word search on - TRANSC0DE ON

You dont need to do that anymore, and it may have been removed from the software. You should just be able to link the app and go. You can do it in the settings part of the DirecTV app. There was an update on the 7th in the apple store for the DirecTV app. If you can't see it you can always delete the app and reinstall it. I initially was getting the same message on mine but a delete and reinstall of the app corrected it.

So we waited to stream in blurry SD? For real? At least my "moved" locals work, not that I will use this feature much...

Reactions: reddice
So we waited to stream in blurry SD? For real? At least my "moved" locals work, not that I will use this feature much...

This is all new to me so I am not sure how things worked in the past and how they should work now. My locals stream in SD for sure..Other national channels seem to be HD. My DVR seems to to me mixed at this point. I did see on some FAQ page on ATT/Directv that it did say streaming may be SD so take it for what its worth I guess.

This is all new to me so I am not sure how things worked in the past and how they should work now. My locals stream in SD for sure..Other national channels seem to be HD. My DVR seems to to me mixed at this point. I did see on some FAQ page on ATT/Directv that it did say streaming may be SD so take it for what its worth I guess.

It's new to everyone except a few special people who got it work before the 8th. I am not sure what a Genie Go would let you do.

Still works great for me. All HD channels, including locals are coming in clear over my AT&T LTE connection on my iPhone 6s Plus.

Still works great for me. All HD channels, including locals are coming in clear over my AT&T LTE connection on my iPhone 6s Plus.

Interesting. I have the same set up as you and my locals are definitely compressed quite a bit compared to national networks. Do you know if DirecTV.com is supposed to show my DVR list like the iPhone app does or can the DVR list only be viewed in the genie go app on my Mac?

Sent from my iPhone

Interesting. I have the same set up as you and my locals are definitely compressed quite a bit compared to national networks. Do you know if DirecTV.com is supposed to show my DVR list like the iPhone app does or can the DVR list only be viewed in the genie go app on my Mac?

Sent from my iPhone

Not sure. It doesn't for me.

So does this take up a tuner when you are streaming a channel that wasn't on the app before (like an sd only channel or local)? Is it streaming from directv servers or your STB? Also if you watch something on the playlist, does that take up one of the 3 clients the genie can stream to?

Hold on now.....What is your upload speed, download speeds.....This has alot going on, it aint just magic.

Hold on now.....What is your upload speed, download speeds.....This has alot going on, it aint just magic.

It is 25/5. If this is all based on Internet, why bother with it? Why do they talk about streaming for free on AT&T when it only works well with wifi? Why do the cell companies tout how fast they are when all you get is blurry SD? I wish we could opt-out of streaming, to me, it's such a waste of time, money, and effort.

It is 25/5. If this is all based on Internet, why bother with it? Why do they talk about streaming for free on AT&T when it only works well with wifi? Why do the cell companies tout how fast they are when all you get is blurry SD? I wish we could opt-out of streaming, to me, it's such a waste of time, money, and effort.
You can opt-out, just don't use it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.