Full time RSN's on Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm not at home right now, but on Dish Anywhere App it says that 412-19 (CSNCH) HD is off air. Maybe they haven't updated the App yet.

yes all the rsns are off air right now until 10am if it was me i would let dish know to work on getting those channels go 24/7 at least i am happy that they added the hd feeds where we can watch them in hd.

I get a more interesting screen when I try to go to my off air RSN.
RSN info.jpg

Didn't know that it became a PPV. :D

The whole "off-air" from 2AM-10AM...Do any of the channels show any real programming during those hours, or are you really just missing a stretch of nightly infomercials?
what i heard mostly paid commercials there could be some sports shows during that time also.

The whole "off-air" from 2AM-10AM...Do any of the channels show any real programming during those hours, or are you really just missing a stretch of nightly infomercials?
A quick look at NESN's web site shows this slate for tomorrow:

2:00am Paid Programming
5:00am NESN Sports Update :)20) NEW
5:20am NESN Sports Update :)20)
5:40am NESN Sports Update :)20)
6:00am NESN Sports Update :)20)
6:20am NESN Sports Update :)20)
6:40am NESN Sports Update :)20)
7:00am NESN Sports Update :)20)
7:20am NESN Sports Update :)20)
7:40am NESN Sports Update :)20)
8:00am NESN Sports Update :)20)
8:20am NESN Sports Update :)20)
8:40am NESN Sports Update :)20)
9:00am Paid Programming
9:30am Paid Programming
10:00am Paid Programming
10:30am Paid Programming
11:00am Paid Programming
11:30am Paid Programming

Doesn't look like I'll be missing any compelling HD programming in the overnight period....

Reactions: satjay and Tampa8

Had the same thoughts, if this allows during the day and evening regional local shows in HD it's a win in my book :)

Reactions: Tampa8
I don't see what is happening during these hours that would require the HD to be not available. For most of that time even the West Coast is mostly done for the day with sports so you don't have all the RSN's vying for bandwidth like you might earlier. But realistically there is very little to nothing that has to be in HD on RSN's during that time except perhaps replays of a game. And we do not know if this is temporary for whatever reasons.

I don't see what is happening during these hours that would require the HD to be not available. For most of that time even the West Coast is mostly done for the day with sports so you don't have all the RSN's vying for bandwidth like you might earlier. But realistically there is very little to nothing that has to be in HD on RSN's during that time except perhaps replays of a game. And we do not know if this is temporary for whatever reasons.
Agree, However Directvs doesn't "go off" after a certain hour.
So if you so choose a favorites list, you don't need to have both versions of the channel in the guide.
While it sounds great to have more programming in HD rather than just games, I don't see the why they can't show SD on their HD version after hours.
It's not like Dish hasn't shown HD games in SD before at will .
So taking another HD channel showing SD shouldn't be any issue.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

What happens when a West Coast baseball game goes deep into extra innings? Is a switch going to flip at 2am that cuts to an infomercial?

Reactions: DWS44
I just looked forward a few days and my RSN-HD goes "off air" from 3 AM - 11 AM every day. From a technical standpoint, I'm curious as to why the channel is not 24-hour HD, but in real-world usability, I'm COMPLETELY satisfied!

It was always a bit annoying when the pregame or post game of my live sporting event were on the SD channel, now they'll be in glorious HD!! Also, everyone has different schedules, but I'm sleeping at 3 AM, anyways! And even if I got up at 6 AM, it's nothing but infomercials from 6-11AM, so I'm really not missing anything, IMO. All in all, I'm a happy customer with this change!!

Reactions: zippyfrog
You may have swerved into something with Comcast. Maybe one of the reasons DISH wanted arbitration was the feeling that would be the only way to get Comcast Philly without paying the outrageous price that has been asked. There are a some others like CSNNE that are off DISH so it isn't that far fetched to think all that could get resolved. SNY cutting the asking price may be the first sign that the sky's the limit for RSN's is over. (I hope)
So, after dumping all that tons and tons of cash into the laps of the Dodgers, now TWC has to have a 30% off sale to the remaining MVPD's. TWC already came to agreements with a few other with NOT full price at the behest of LA mayor, but I think they did so to look good standing before the FCC and Justice Department in their attempt to get approval to acquire Charter, and Charter was the first non-TWC MVPD to get Sportsnet LA at a reduced rate as an action of "good-will" because TWC wanted to merge with them.

I am glad to see that, from what I understand of the agreement with the Dodgers, TWC still has to pay the agreed mountain of money no matter how little money TWC makes from Sportsnet LA. I really hope the resulting non-interest of EVERY other MVPD in the channel (non-coordinated BOYCOTT by the MVPD's, especially after thinking the Lakers channesl was the end of it) and its eventual placement on a few MVPD's at a reduced rate to curry favor with the FCC and now this 30% off sale sends the message that the economics just don't support a one-team / one-channel service. It is NOT good for the consumer, and now let's hope they understand that it is NOT good for those who create and own such a channel.

I doubt this temporary price reduction leads many providers to come to an agreement. It appears the offer of 30% off, is just for one year. Why would providers do a 1 year deal, then risk having to pull the channel if they can't come to another agreement.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...e-warner-dodgers-reaction-20160324-story.html

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts