Fusion HDTV or ATI AIW Causing error?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Shredder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
I have a Fusion HDTV Tuner, and ATI AIW 2006 PCI 16.

Ever since I installed both of the new versions of the software, I suddenly get a message, "RM error". That's not the exact message but the base of it.

Has anyone else gotten this with the same specs? I have Fusion HDTV 3.30.01 installed, and the latest Catalyst drivers 6.03, and MMC, 5.13 installed. I also found out that the ATI scheduled recording dosn't work too well with this version in Media Center either.. Seems when I playback the temp audio on the FM Tuner, the clock is off by about 13 minutes, yet system clock is acurate...maby that has something to do with it?

Any help is appreciated,
Neil

I had this setup. Fusion HDTV Gold and Lite. My original video card was ATI Radeon 9800 AIW. The ATI gave me nothing but problems. I sent it back to ATI and got another card but it never corrected the problem. Machine would lock, reboot, freeze video, etc. In fact it was never good even before the Fusion cards.

I switched to an Nvidia Chaintech GeForce 6600 and havent looked back. To compensate for the loss in video capture, I purchased a Hauppauge 150 MCE version. It rocks. I seriously can not recommend anything ATI. In fact the first versions of catalyst, the DVD sound would not work. It finally worked around October when the MCE SP2 came out and I installed latest ATI drivers.

But I have to say this, I think the ATI and Media Center were never really meant to work together. Others may have gotten lucky but I will never purposely buy one. I do think the Fusion cards are great but prone to software conflicts. I did find Nero 8 and latest Roxio DVD burning software did not get along. It killed the video but I was able to restore after removing the DVD burning software. Both vendors did the same thing.

Also MyTVToGo conflicts with Fusion cards to which they are aware. I am supposed to beta test software for them but they havent got back to me in a while. Let me know if you need any other help. My recommendation is keep Media Center, throw out the bath water (ATI) and get an affordable Nvidia card and Hauppauge MCE video capture card.

I've pretty much been using Fusion for all my Capture and viewing needs, and using ATI for only graphics and FM Tuning capability. Too bad Fusion isn't coming out with new cards with an FM Tuner... or has anyone heard anything new?

Normally I would d rop FM altogether as well, as mostly all I hear now are the same 'today' songs played over and over again ad nauseum.

But Two of my favorite DJ shows are on FM only, so I'm stuck for now..

I havent been into radio in years with CDs, mp3's and my Rhapsody service but the Howard Stern move to Sirius was Radios last straw for me. Sirius and even XM are unbelievable. If you can afford it, its a great deal. So much to listen to and I dont miss the commercials.

Yep, I have XM in the car, and we use that account to listen to it online. I'd have it on all the time if It didn't limit the listening hours to 2 hours or less..

Oh, and I discovered it was definetley an ATI error. I upgraded my Shore computer to 9.13 MMC, and I got the same error. I wound up doing a complete reformat, reinstalled both new drivers, and now it works fine. Thank goodness for portable hard drives making reformats that much easier..

Shredder said:
Yep, I have XM in the car, and we use that account to listen to it online. I'd have it on all the time if It didn't limit the listening hours to 2 hours or less..

Oh, and I discovered it was definetley an ATI error. I upgraded my Shore computer to 9.13 MMC, and I got the same error. I wound up doing a complete reformat, reinstalled both new drivers, and now it works fine. Thank goodness for portable hard drives making reformats that much easier..

Yep, there were definately different flavors of the drivers that worked for me. Even the Fusion cards conflict and require complete reinstall. I had a bitch of a time with DVD burning software. So much so, I removed and rebuilt a PC from parts I had lying around that now does my DVD burning. I really need my Media Center as its my primary DVR and connected to 2 Xbox 360's. So I've really stripped it down and dont install anything on it now that its working like a charm. Lets hope no Microsoft patches screw it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts