FYI Signal Problems Tonight

:confused: I am a Technitian for DishNetwork and have also done DTV. I have not done Zoom but cannot understand why Signal is so low...

Tradtionally 61.5 on a Dish will give a 100+ signal. Not sure if it is Recvr or incorrect placement or tuning in of dish.

I think Voom's signal numbers are calculated differently than Dish and DirecTV. I think someone said that the new software will change the signal numbers to be more in line with what people are used to with other providers.

On a good day I'm in the low 40s for signal quality (and high 30s sometimes). I get good PQ with these levels but if it drops to low 30s or 20s then it breaks up.

Videofx said:
jeff,

It might. But I can't get the Voom installer to put in a different dish. They will only install Voom's dish.

Bill
Bill, this is not true, my VOOM installer used my existing 24" dish but he did have to swap out the LNB because mine only had a single output. It's your gear, make him do it.

Yes, the numbers are different (more honest?) but Voom can follow expectations management and renumber to match the Dish (to 125, that's kinda' skewed, so to speak ;)) or DirecTV scale.

Even though I think it is silly to change scale, it will stop anti-Voomers from saying it's only half the signal, etc. The reality is though, point for Voom IS more sensitive for Voom. I can get a peaked 110 on Dish and would still need to futz to get heighest Voom signal.

Tim

Gr8Reb8 said:
I just checked a couple of minutes ago. I am getting a satellite signal strength of 73 and signal quality of 73 on my 30" dish here in cloudy West Michigan.

Hey, no bragging :) :) :) Just jealous, but it is macht nichts if signal stable to tweak higher for vast majority of time, ie most folks shouldn't need to buy a 30" and fall off the roof in the process.

Voom HD vs Dish HD

Does Voom take suggestions? Wish List for Channel Addition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)