FyreTV BETA is officially underway!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Estefano

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Miami
Hello:

After a long fought battle against the computers the FyreTV team has finally been successful to send out their first batch of 1500 apps!

I was hoping this would be done earlier however it has taken longer than we expected to get all our ducks in a row...

Either way, the first 1500 apps are out, and we will be shipping the boxes tomorrow! (as of right now we have about 100 confirmed replyes :), not bad for 30 minutes of work)

I am sure all you guys will enjoy the BETA and will have fun giving us feedback and helping us making the system better!

(if any of you guys that posted an app using satelliteguys as the promo code and did not get an acceptance email please send me a PM and we will get you fixed up)

Regards,

Estefano

I did not see this posted anywhere but if I decide to cancel at the end of the beta or afterwards, who pays for the equipment to be returned?

By the by, I just signed up, can't wait to give me feedback...

Last edited:
got my email acceptance today, already signed up and everything is ready to go now, just waiting on the box to arrive now, thanks estefano :)

Just signed up as well. Hope it worked as I had to use my Centro to sign up since I can not go to that site from work.

Estefano, I looked over the link to the manual and don't see it mentioned, is there a way to assign a static IP config (addr/mask/gateway/DNS) in the box or does it only do DHCP?

Thanks

BTW, signed up via your web site.

RAD there is a network settings screen and from what I remember you can go in there and specify an IP address.

I didn't go in and change anything since I use DHCP at home.

I signed up a couple of moths ago (but did not use satguys code) but received a few emails saying beta was going soon and I was accepted. Last email said I should have box by Valentines Day. As of today, have not received anything or any more emails. :confused:

goober22 at gmail dot com

still have no confirmation email....yes, i signed last week and put sat guys as the promo code. have pm'd estefano about this twice. thanks.

Got e mail today and signed on up, have a cat 5 run to my plasma set stand along with 6 MB DSL service, so bandwidth should not be an issue.

For all you guys and gals running new CAT cable; you should really opt for at least CAT6 or better yet CAT6e as opposed to the CAT5. If you are lucky enough to locate CAT7 at a good price then go that route.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)