G-Box V3000 Fuse or Reset?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I emailed Sadoun about this problem. A tech emailed back and I explained to him the problem and he told me that it sounds like I have a bad cable going from the v3000 to the actuator. If I get time this weekend I am going to do a continuity test of my wiring and check it out. If my wires are ok I will assume its a bad v3000. He told me that my problem is very unusal. From this and other posts I think there are more than me haveing this mysterious e2 problem. When I first got the new actuator and hooked it up I did not have the problem it worked for a hour or so moving both ways then the e2 and no click on the west movement. I can reverse the motor wires and move it back the other way but only one way.

Update my my problem

I checked the wires. Then I hooked up my Uniden 4500 and was able to program in (the hard way) and scan sats from 87w to 118w. It will be alot easier once I get the v3000 working. But I think that my setup is ok.

My brother visited this weekend and brought his desoldering tool.

After installing 4 new 1N5406 "fuses", the G-Box seems to be working normally again. :cool:

These diodes are physically a little bigger than the OEM pieces so they were a tight fit on the board, and we had to drill the PCB out to 1/16" hole size to accommodate the larger leads, but there is plenty of trace width on the board to do that.

I need to find something else to tear up, getting pretty good at fixing stuff. :D

Attachments

• Sat G-Box New Diodes.JPG
    Sat G-Box New Diodes.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Sat G-Box New Diodes2.JPG
    Sat G-Box New Diodes2.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 146
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts