G10 with 85CM dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cband55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Anyone getting G10with a 85 CmDish my meter drops level after moving away from the stupid Echostar 119 since G10 is 123 and about the same elevation

Make sure you have a HOT transponder as the default when you are tuning it in. For me , on the 31" dish 11800 V is about as good as it gets. Around 65% on my Merc II . Remember to skew your lnb in the holder ( unless you are motorized ) for maximum signal strength.
:)

I have a 90cm up here in Canada and get the majority of G10 without any problems (the exception is VBA at 11730 H 13240). Depending on where your located, you shouldn't have any issues with a 85cm.

As Brent said, get a good lock on it with 11800 or 11805 H 4580 they are both hot transponders. Then switch to 11720 V 27692 which is a weaker transponder to fine-tune.

G10 dish

I have a 76cm Winegard dish here in Ontario Canada and get G10 fairly well.

If you have the Invacom Quad Polar I would really suggest you go motorized if you can. You wont have to worry about skew and its well worth it after you figure out the motor. It took me about a day to set it up properly so have lots of beer ready and a good sunny day (maybe it would have taken an hour if I had not included the beer lol). :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Here in WV my 75 cm Patriot PTX with a Chinese (so called 0.3 Ku lnbf..Yeah right!) gets about 70% on a Fortec Ultra on 11800V. 65% on 11718V, Veteran's channel depends on the day. Some days it don't lock on the little dish.

All those are very strong on my 10' mesh dish with a Eagle Aspen .6 Ku lnb and Corotor II feedhorn.

I've got an 85CM fortec dish that is slightly warped, spray painted brown and has already been WHACKED with an umbrella by my two sons.

On G10 I get 66 to 94 depending on the wind, rain, and accumulated bird droppings.

I'm up there pretty high, like, higher than 5,300 feet above sea level. I may have a slight advantage living in a thinner atmosphere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts