g10r

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
105 & 121 are linear setups because Dish is renting space on them....

They own 61.5, 110, 119, 148, 157

Also, FSS satellites can be 2 degrees apart from each other....DBS is 9 due to higher power

The Superdish has both KU and DBS LNB's on them

G10R Strength

I am watching "The Tube" right now with signal strength of 79% and quality jumping around from 49% to 56%. No breakup so far. I am using a motorized 36" dish and a Fortec Ultra.

MrM

Thanks!!!

I finally found G10R and it is freakin sweet! I love the Tube! It took me 3 days, after I finally dragged a 13 inch out to the dish, but I got it. I was WAY off in my angle. I thought I was getting too far west only to hit something, and find out it was IA5. The dish looks like it is straight up and down, I just got so mad I started swinging it at elevations that I thought were stupid.. Come to find out it worked!

I want to say thanks to Pete, Berg, Ken, and everyone who has helped me out so far. FTA is totally worth it. And you guys make it easy. THANKS again!

PS...Next few weeks, motor time!
Now that I found where g10 is with my 36, I am going to see what my Primestar does. Pulling a 90S and 74Q on Tube right now-clear skies.

Congrats, and wish me luck, CBandLover!

My 31" Winegard dish finally arrived, so I'm off to assemble then mount it on the SG2100 motor... then I'll be hunting the elusive G10 bird myself ;) After spending the past two days struggling with my DirecPC dish, I finally gave up on getting G10 with it. Even marking the sats I found around it (Intelsat Americas 7, Galaxy 13/Horizons 1, EchoStar 9/Intelsat Americas 13, and EchoStar 7/DTV 7S) didn't help. There's simply an empty spot where G10 should be, at any elevation. I've decided to blame the .8dB DirecPC LNB, and hope my Winegard's .6dB Universal will fare better.

PC,
That is exactly what I did. I got so mad at this Primestar, with one output by the way (very rare), that I finally assembled the Fortec Star 36" and universal .4 db FStar lnbf I got with the reciever. I was thinking my Primestar lnb would not get it. Now I know the dish looks vertical and way west, so I know where to start with it. Follow what Pete gave me for a hot TP on G10.. I put it in advanced search on my Fortec, then started moving the dish.
I will post results from my Primestar.. I am assuming the lnb you have on your direcpc is probably close to mine for noise figure. I think you will hit it with your new Winegard. Those are the best in the buisness. :)
Dude, The Tube is fantabulous. I cannot believe it is FREE.

CbandLover said:
I got so mad at this Primestar, with one output by the way (very rare), that I finally assembled the Fortec Star 36" and universal .4 db FStar lnbf I got with the reciever. I was thinking my Primestar lnb would not get it. Now I know the dish looks vertical and way west, so I know where to start with it.

I'm trying the reverse after an hour of no real signal at all on the Winegard.
I hooked the DirecPC dish back up and got it aimed at big 'ol Echo7, now I'm trying to copy the angle etc on the main dish.

CbandLover said:
Dude, The Tube is fantabulous. I cannot believe it is FREE.

I can't wait to try it out! I hear nothing but good stuff about The Tube.

Grr. I was just rained off the roof. I don't care much, but the TV I had up there probably wouldn't like to be full of water :smug: Guess I'll have to tinker with it tommorrow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts