G19 Abu Dhabi Sport

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
Vermont
Checked it today, actual programming, no test pattern. Anybody know how long they have been on?

It is a hit and miss situation. I have seen sports on there (usually soccer from the middle East). But you are right, the bulk of the time it is just color bars.

It is a hit and miss situation. I have seen sports on there (usually soccer from the middle East). But you are right, the bulk of the time it is just color bars.

I put it on yesterday and it was soccer. To bad they weren't showing ADCC grappling

might be a bit off topic but what's with all the soccer matches in empty stadiums on G19? Are the teams vanity projects for oil billionaires?

might be a bit off topic but what's with all the soccer matches in empty stadiums on G19? Are the teams vanity projects for oil billionaires?

I guess so, i've read that countries from that section are huge fans of Cricket (even at England the biggest crowds are gathered to watch Cricket, something really amazing when they play those games versus India and Australia).

P.S.
I've never seen a camel race, i hope i get to watch it =D.

Cheers

Mike

P.S.
I've never seen a camel race, i hope i get to watch it =D

I´ve seen camel races several times. I can´t remember which channel but it´s one of the arab ones on Hispasat. Look for them sunday mornings.

BTW, I rescaned the tp but still can´t get audio on Abu Dhabi Sport. Could anyone share their pids please?

I saw camel races on Qatar TV a few months ago. I haven't checked lately, I don't know if the season is still going this late since it's obviously hot as hell over there.

They use robotic jockeys (at least the guys in Qatar do) after complaints that they were starving kids to make them lighter.

It's common all over the world to have soccer matches to mostly empty stadiums. I wouldn't call them vanity projects for oil billionaires; usually the teams are supported by local businesses and communities. If they _were_ vanity projects owned by billionaires, they'd be more successful... New Jersey Nets, Manchester City, Cleveland Cavaliers, Chelsea, Dallas Cowboys, etc.

Sound

First day no sound.

Second day sound came on all on its own :confused:

thanks Ice for the suggestions though.

At 10.15am cdt, this channel is preparing to show a live telecast of a friendly match between UAE and Algeria.

uaefootballnew

Oooops, security just tackled an over zealous fan with a flag running around on the field.

I think Algeria is in the US pod in the World Cup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)