G19 (RT, Al Jazeera, TVR International) question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Aguilobo2001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
19.32N 99.13W
Is 12152H/20000 on G19 (97W) still up there? RT, Al Jazeera, TV Romania were there, but it has been a couple of days since I got no quality on that transponder. All other transponders are ok.

Yep, still there. If it truly is just that TP that's not working, I'd delete it. Cycle Power, then re-enter it and scan. If that doesn't work, may have to factory reset. (?)

That transponder has been intermittently weak for me for the past two days or so. It's never vanished completely (when I was watching, at least) but it's got weak enough that I could imagine it vanishing if the dish wasn't aimed quite right. Maybe MY dish isn't aimed quite right either, but most other transponders on the satellite have been the same strength or only lost a point or two while AJE was many points lower.

Beats me then. Right now that TP is 65 Q on the Openbox while the rest of the TPs I've checked are 70 Q to 74 Q. Other satellites in the same area are similarly high. The only other thing I see that's taken a dump is RTV on 83W, it's way down on the verge of being unreceivable.

We received several calls from Glorystar customers on Friday with similar complaints regarding reduced SQ or loss of these channels. We had observed a slight drop, but assumed that it was an uplink or possibly weather related. Signal looks to be at normal levels on my home system this weekend.

I had observed a big drop from SQ 80 to 85 down to 39/43 SQ overthe last 3 Dats in S.W.Ontario on G19 / 12152 H / 97W on RT/Al Jazeera ectr.

I too have noticed a drop in signal on that transponder, It started for met Saturday morning and continues. I went from about a 50% signal to a 20% on the AzBox

I have noticed that the Openbox isn't the best receiver to judge signal quality on. I don't think I've ever seen a transponder light up the meter on the Openbox higher than 76-77q. Normal is 70-75q on most channels across the arc. It shows weaker, but rarely stronger than 75q for me.

I noticed the TP was fluctuating during the weekend. I peaked a dish on 97W and most everything came in but that TP was very weak. A few hours later it was stronger

I have noticed that the Openbox isn't the best receiver to judge signal quality on. I don't think I've ever seen a transponder light up the meter on the Openbox higher than 76-77q. Normal is 70-75q on most channels across the arc. It shows weaker, but rarely stronger than 75q for me.

so true.

Glad i'm not alone, was starting to think my LNB was acting up or something.. sadly I'm left with not enough Q to pull it in.. let's hope they fix it up!

why would you send a e-mail to the channel when its obviously a transponder issue (since all the channels are at low signal) and not a specific channel issue?

why would you send a e-mail to the channel when its obviously a transponder issue (since all the channels are at low signal) and not a specific channel issue?

In the hopes that they could forward it on to pertinent technical staff who might be in a position to have the issue looked into. Of course it's not in the channel's control, but they could escalate it up the chain. Doesn't hurt. :)

you also have to remember that in the case of alot of the channels we are not the intended audience. And when people e-mail the company that is how things can get scrambled. Now maybe the feed here on 97W is for us but I always use the "better safe than sorry" technique.

We've had a lot of solar running through the month of march...Even caused some problems with HF..so this could be the problems on several birds..with weak transponders acting up... I've not noticed any problems with my 7020 and Primestar setup..both working fine with good signals here...NC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts