Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
Hello!

I cannot receive the following channels on G3:

580 Court TV
600 Cartoon
622 USA

We have a sub with NPS for the 890 Absolute Digital Pak and the channels are still listed as there on G3. I did try to fine tune the BUD which did nothing for the missing channels. I called NPS this morning and received a rehit which I still cannot receive those channels. All of the other channels on G3 are coming in great even before the rehit with super quality! The NPS rep told me to contact Skyvision for troubleshooting!

Does anyone else have problems with getting these channels??? :confused:

Ay ideas what to try??? :confused:

My setup: Motorola DSR922; Winegard 10' BUD; BSC 621

They are working I only sub to USA of the ones you mention but they are all there with signal and quality.

If your receiving all the other channels you should be getting those too. NPS only uses two muxes on 2 transponders and the other channels you are getting fine cover those muxes and transponders.

The only thing I can suggest is go to G-1 3 unplug your receiver for a minute and plug it in and let it sit for 30 minutes and see if that helps. Sometimes a soft reset is all that is needed.

EDIT: just thought of something what is your TDT count? if it is less than 1920 your okay if more you will have to do a master reset.

The only thing I can suggest is go to G-1 3 unplug your receiver for a minute and plug it in and let it sit for 30 minutes and see if that helps. Sometimes a soft reset is all that is needed.

EDIT: just thought of something what is your TDT count? if it is less than 1920 your okay if more you will have to do a master reset.

:( I tried a soft reset but it did not clear up the problem. :(

I am not sure what you mean "TDT count"??? Sorry I had a rough day! If you meant the trip meter, it went up to 73 when NPS gave me a hit today and tonight it is back at zero. :confused:

TDT:

options 6,0,5, right arrow, toggle to Diagnostics G.

Read the top line 5th entry, should be less than 1920. Mine is 1749.

TDT:

options 6,0,5, right arrow, toggle to Diagnostics G.

Read the top line 5th entry, should be less than 1920. Mine is 1749.

Found it!

My reading is 1706 :up

Skyvision is closed until monday for service related questions. I am stumped why only a few channels are gone. I went through all of the birds that I have in my subscription (C3, C4, G3, W5) and everything else is there! :confused:

Anything else I could look at or try??? My daughter wants to watch (And record) the new Scooby Doo movie that is on tonight on Cartoon Network! :eek:

The only other thing you can do is a master reset. Your channel maps have to be corrupted.

How to Perform a Master Reset

:rant: I did a master reset and the missing channels are still missing!!!... :rant:

The good thing is that I improved all of my other birds and channels by doing the reset! The satellites like W5 and C3 are 98 to 100 in signal with quality levels in the mid 90's!!! :) G3, being the fly in the ointment, has a quality level of only 48 which is great for G3 but low compared to the others! Still a great picture on the G3 channels that do come in. :up

Todays NPS rep was even less knowledgable than yesterdays, but it is a Sunday afternoon so all of the techies better be nice and fresh for me on Monday! :rolleyes:

I also had a big scare when the rep told me how much the packages went up in price!!!... :eek: The price on their website is lower than what the rep told me and hopefully she is wrong! If she is right I might change or give up the sub and stick to FTA or... who knows... there might even be a pizza in the oven! :eek:

If your only getting 48 in quality on G3 it sounds like something is either blocking that satellite (tree's) or you dish needs to be aligned. G3 should be WAY HIGHER in quality than that. Unless your running a 5 foot dish. :eek: That could be your problem from the start. I get 99-Q on G3 with my 922 and 12 foot dish.

As far as NPS's prices go if there website is wrong talk with a supervisor, they have to honor those, at least they did with me.

Good Luck! :bounce

If your only getting 48 in quality on G3 it sounds like something is either blocking that satellite (tree's) or you dish needs to be aligned. G3 should be WAY HIGHER in quality than that. Unless your running a 5 foot dish. :eek: That could be your problem from the start. I get 99-Q on G3 with my 922 and 12 foot dish.

As far as NPS's prices go if there website is wrong talk with a supervisor, they have to honor those, at least they did with me.

Good Luck! :bounce

I got off the "master reset" couch and checked my LOS! I do have a clear view of the skies both east and west and the nearest trees are at least 300 feet away. I will be looking into this problem even further and check the alignment. The picture never did fade even at the "low" quality. It still baffles me why only 3 are channels missing and the rest on G3 are pretty equal in signal and quality. :confused:

I did call NPS back and questioned the cost of the packages online and what the first rep today told me. The price online does NOT include the 13% uplinking fee... so the first rep is right! :eek: I am going to sit back on the couch after looking at those prices!!!... ;)

There is an uplinking fee they don't include on the website prices, this is true.

I would check your alignment and see what happens as far as signal quality goes. With a 10 foot dish you should get at least 90. Also check your feedhorn for any obstructions, vermin nests etc. I had a hornets nest in mine this year that played havoc with my lower arc birds but didn't affect the high arc ones. Once I cleaned that out everything was great.

The critter factor does not come into play this time... that was last year! :D

Last year my wife was loosing "her" channels but mine were fine until a week or so later. It turned out to be bees, which depending how they were parked on the nest, would wipe out certain channels!

Your alignment theory is right for this G3 problem! My pole is as plumb as if Iceberg put it up. ;) The problem is in the mount which is "sloppy" to square up. When G3 and W5 are running great (W5 does have a little less signal now) the C3 andC4 suffer and vise versa. I need to make a shim to place in the mount so it stays square with the pole. The bolts do hold tight, but apparently after a high wind it can go out of square just a little. I am now picking up more channels on G3 which I thought were not available in my sub package or were not available at all! :D

I never thought that a little misalignment would knock out just a few channels like it did! But I am finding out that I was missing even more than I thought! :)

THANKS!!!... :up

You would be surprised where little shifts from square in the mount will cause tracking problems.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)